I'm pretty new to this site but loving it!!

Options
Hello everyone!! My name is Deb. I'm a single, 57 year old Mother of 3. Two girls who are now in their 30's and a 17 year old son. Over the past 3 years, I let my health and weight go down the tubes. Just over 3 years ago, I used to work out with a trainer, walk everyday and enjoyed life. The Fall of 2008, after an exciting trip to Florida, I began to have a throat problem. Decided the best thing to go down was making Milk Shakes. I ate them everyday it seem, 3 & sometimes 4 a day. Needless to say I started putting on weight. Instead of getting out of the chair and working out, I got out and started playing computer games. Pretty soon that is all I seem to want to do when I wasn't working 9+ hours. Over the course of 3 years, I went from 140 to 210. It was getting harder to sleep at night because my body hurt and I could not get comfortable. I would wake up having anixity attacks because I felt like I could die anytime and I'd pray to God to let me live to see my son get through school and on his own. After a while I stopped eating. I only ate enough to get by but yet I could not loss any weight. I finally started listening to a friend about my eating habits. She has taught me to eat 4 - 5 times a day, small portions, fruits, veggies, etc. and drinking lots of water. Then I got started on drinking a protein smoothie with fruit. Soon I was invited to join this website. I have been on it for a few weeks now and I love it. Since March 3, 2011, I have lost 17 pounds. I am wear a pedometer and walking a lot more...aprox. 15,000 steps a day. And now lately I have started in with some aerobics and lifting some weights. I live in Minnesota so soon the snow will start flying. I plan to enroll in a fitness club to get my walks and exercises in each day. I'm excited about my progress and proud that a 57 year old lady is able to get up off her butt and workout with results. So anybody out there...no matter what your age...DON"T let it stop you!! If I can do this...anybody can do this. It's just a matter of wanting it and putting your mind to it. I promise you, the results are worth it and the self esteem is priceless. Good luck to everyone and thank you for being part of my support team.

Replies

• is4031
    is4031 Posts: 71
    Options
    Welcome to the site and good to hear your attitude! Feel free to add me if you are looking for some additional motivation!
  • looklikeaskeleton
    Options
    Welcome to the site! Im Evie. :)
    just to let you know..this site is addicting. :b
  • sunshine1231
    Options
    Good for ;you. I agree at any age we Can do it! I am 72, have had both knees replaced, very overweight, etc etc, and have deceided I will be back on the tennis court this fall and winter. Easier for me to do since I live in Fl but none the less it takes the same determination. You go girl and you can add me to your friends if you would like.:happy: