Breakfast Deliciousness

Just recently discovered Land O Lakes Cinnamon Sugar butter spread last night at Stop & Shop. 70 Calories for 1 tablespoon....spread on a 90 calorie Lite Raisin English Muffin (store brand). I felt like I was cheating it was so delicious!

I've also completely eliminated the use of white table sugar from pretty much everything I eat. I'm a big fan of stevia extract. I use Stevia in the Raw, I believe the Truvia brand mixes an artificial sweetener with the extract.

Sooooo...my new little english muffin breakfast with a big fat cup of coffee with 2 tablespoons of half and half = 200 calories.

Just thought I'd share because I've been getting pretty angry with my food options lately. This made me smile while I ate it : )

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Sounds good.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    I'm going to have to check this out
  • rhonda999
    rhonda999 Posts: 58 Member
    Thanks soooo much, that sounds great!! I'm kinda new and still looking for variety!
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    thanks for this. i have been missing butter type stuff for a while.
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    I've never tried Stevia- but I HATE anything with a sacarine taste- does it have a nasty after taste???
  • mssgirl11
    mssgirl11 Posts: 99 Member
    thanks for sharing! i will have to check it out!
  • Ummmm no. The weird thing about stevia is that it's like a "delayed" sweetener. It took a little time to get used to it. It's like your brain takes a second longer to realize there's something sweet on your tongue.

So, take coffee for example; you take a sip and it tastes like unsweetened coffee for a millisecond, then....oh there it is, sweetness. It's a funny thing, but nothing bad or chemical tasting. Just takes some getting used to.