This is so frustrating, I don't understand.

Options
So in January I decided I had enough with the way I look and decided to lose weight. I've had so many things get in the way with my health and it's just really bringing me down. So far I've only lost 14 lbs. Most people say don't go by the scale, go by how your clothes fit. But what I don't understand is that the scale is actually going down, but yet I haven't even dropped a size. Some days my clothes will fit and the next they're tight again. I do cardio 5-6 times a week for 30 minutes and watch what I eat, so I don't understand why I'm not at least down one size yet :frown:

Replies

• lbpw
    lbpw Posts: 77
    Options
    So in January I decided I had enough with the way I look and decided to lose weight. I've had so many things get in the way with my health and it's just really bringing me down. So far I've only lost 14 lbs. Most people say don't go by the scale, go by how your clothes fit. But what I don't understand is that the scale is actually going down, but yet I haven't even dropped a size. Some days my clothes will fit and the next they're tight again. I do cardio 5-6 times a week for 30 minutes and watch what I eat, so I don't understand why I'm not at least down one size yet :frown:
  • Amboo
    Amboo Posts: 30
    Options
    I was always told that a dress size is about 20# I am also down 14# and have not made it down a dress size either but I do notice that my clothes are fitting much looser. I go by what people say how I look and by the way I feel. Don't get discouraged just keeping losing and you will get there:flowerforyou:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Our bodies are all different and adjust differently. Congrats on losing 14 lbs - if you keep it up you will eventually drop clothing sizes. Sometimes it takes longer - but if you keep at it, it will happen. Plus, if you throw in the towel you will probably go the other way in sizes :sick: No one wants that!! Persevere and you will succeed. :heart:
  • lacieinthesky
    lacieinthesky Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel also! Then I started adding weight training a few days a week as well and I feel like it's totally boosted my metabolism and the weight has come off easier. I would suggest adding strength training on top of your cardio.
  • mstanley
    mstanley Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm down 14 lbs too, and I haven't changed clothing sizes. However, some of my clothes that were snug, now fit the way they are supposed to.