Work snack Ideas

Options
My work has cookies, ice cream, and candy everywhere [I take care of old nuns and they love their sweets!!] I need to start bringing snacks so I eat less or none of the food there. I would love to hear ideas :)

Replies

• digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    If they have a fridge, I like roast beef and string cheese as a snack
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Fruits, 100 cal snacks, string cheese, almonds. Hope this helps.
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    low-fat string cheese, apple, hummus, carrots...etc
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I buy frozen fruit.. measure a couple servings out & keep them in the fridge to thaw & eat em throughout the day!
  • AmberXenon
    AmberXenon Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Honey- roasted Almonds are a fantastic snack. :)
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    gahhh!! That would be soo hard not to nibble their sweets.... I bring apples or grapes and often have some Nature Valley bars on hand (if I absolutely need them and know I will work out later) in my drawer at work. Sometimes I bring in Triscuits and try to stay within their serving size when I need a snack. Frozen blueberries + greek yogurt is also a good power snack I pack for myself sometimes.
  • jromenesko
    Options
    100 calorie Pop Secret snack bags of popcorn
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    string cheese, almonds, apples, carrots
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    I know it's not the usual, but a hard boiled egg actually fills me up really well for a good couple of hours. If you can put up with the smell.
  • kimclaws
    kimclaws Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese with honey roasted cashews, is what i eat for snacks, as well as fresh fruit or yogurt.
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I can't see whereabouts you are, but if you are in the UK try Boots Shapers blueberry yogurt bars if you have a sweet tooth. I really like them (probably more than chocolate!) and they only have 89 calories. Yummy :smile:
  • witchyboots
    witchyboots Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I munch on beef jerky - I know it's not to everyones taste but I love it. The one I eat is about 160 cals for the whole packet - it's low in fat and gives me half of my protein for the day :smile:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it would really be a snack - but a protein bar (I like to eat chocolate/peanut butter ones!) keep me full for awhile. If you're full, you won't be so tempted by their snacks. :)
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I eat a "Honey Almond Granola" mix if I get the urge at work. It's from "Nature's Mix", but I think it's only sold locally.

It would be really easy to put together yourself though; the ingredients are:
    Oats, almonds, raisins, dried currants, honey, extra virgin olive oil, sunflower seeds and cinnamon
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of beef jerky and apples. Kind bars (I actually SUBSCRIBE to bulk Kind Bars on Amazon). Hardboiled eggs.
  • thesweatybetty
    thesweatybetty Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    apple, banana, string cheese, hard boiled egg, chobani, protein bar, put a scoop of protein in a shaker cup and add water when your ready to drink, wasa crackers & turkey.

my office always has a ton of sweet treats celebrating different occassions.. i havent given into temptation once!
  • SaraLeland
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas, I went out and stocked up on some of them :) I appreciate it.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    This isn't going to sound great, but I really like it and it keeps me from the sweets. Kelloggs makes a little bites size frosted shredded wheat. A half serving is 25 pieces. I put them in a baggie and munch on them whenever I need a little something sweet while at work. There's enough sweetness that it's easier to stay away from the cookies and such, but at least there are a few vitamins and roughage in there.
  • Lydialane
    Options
    I usually snack on baby carrots and blueberries. and if I have it in my house, pineapple and apple slices. if you don't have fruits or veggies, I find just chewing on a piece of minty gum works at making my cravings go away.