Ripped in 30 - how is it going? Level 2 and Level 3?

Options
MJ7910
MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
I know some of us have moved up to level 3 already (I'm not quite there yet) ... but just wanted to see how we are all doing. I'm finding all the cardio in plank pretty exhausting (especially right in the beginning!) and ready to move on just to get past that! also crow pushups are still tough but I'm feeling a lot more confident about them and think i might finally have the form down. I'm feeling a lot more into it now that I have hit day 5. i took a peek at level 3 and it looks hard but doable so i'm getting psyched up to try it on Tuesday. I finish level 2 on Monday! How is everyone else doing? Those of you that have moved on, how is it going?

Replies

• isherryb
    isherryb Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I found level two to be difficult, so I went back to level one. I'm going to see it through, I think it's great!
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this thread....this is what I'm planning to do after I finish the 30 Day Shred! Looked at it at WalMart today...waiting to buy it til I complete the Shred first. :)
  • MJ7910
    Options
    after taking a peek at level 3, i almost feel like level 2 is more difficult. i have not done level 3 yet but it looks like more whole body motions which are easier for me than cardio in plank and upper body stuff. level 3 will wear me out but doesn't look to be as challenging to the core as level 2 is. just my thought before i tried it though!
  • MJ7910
    Options
    cara, i did the shred first. this one is definitely harder. but once you do the shred you can definitely handle this!
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Three is more all around strength were 2 is alot of different cardio. My last day of level 3 is tuesday. Today is my off day =)
    I dont know if any of ya'll have hip problems but the squat jacks have dislocated my hip twice. I've always had a problem with my hips though. My chiro has warned against them just because they are so unnatural. I've had to stop doing those and in curcuit three they do alot of pure ankle strength, i have to do those in moderation. I found level three really flared up alot of my old injuries, so if you had any ankle/hip/shoulder, just becareful doing some of the motions and dont over do it.

I think after i do level 4 and finish that week i'm going to do two extra weeks of two levels a day. I wanted to orginally do that but havent had time. Soon winter and cold will set here on good ol ohio and i wont be able to go outside to do my running, so i figured id have more time to do 2 a days.

Maureen are you going to do 6 pk 6 week? I wanted to start mid Nov? Let me know if you want to buddie up?
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend
  • MJ7910
    Options
    good to know about the squat jacks... sounds tough anyway. maybe i'll come up more into a regular jumping jack and see if i can go a little lower but not over do it... good to know about the ankle stuff too b/c this is a weak area for me as well.
    yes i am doing 6w6p after i'm done with this one. probably early nov or maybe the last weekend of october. i usually do a skip day on saturday so i imagine i'll be ready oct 30 to start a new series. the only thing is i'm wondering if i'll really do it for a full 6 weeks... won't i get bored in 3 weeks of the same level? so we'll see how it goes. i guess until i do the dvd i'm not going to know if it will get old fast. i could see doing 2 weeks on each level but 3 seems like a lot.
    i'm ready to move onto level 3 in a few days (just sun and mon on level 2)... so, i hope it rocks. i like the idea of all over strength. the biggest problem i've had with level 2 is how much upper body is in it. not my strongest area... but i feel like i'm building a lot of strength with this dvd, so this is a good thing for me!