Bad news from the doctor yesterday....could be the motivatio

Options
So I went to the eye doctor on Tuesday to get a new perscription for my glasses. The eye doctor was shocked because apparently my optic nerves are very swollen. Thursday I was sent to an opthomologist (sp?) he was really shocked at my swollen optic nerves.
He made me an appointment to get an MRI of my brain to make sure that I do not have a brian tumor :S.....and if the test comes back saying that I dont have a brain tumor then I have to go see a neurologist. The neurlogist will do a spinal tap to drain fluid from my spine and brain. They think this is caused becuase of weight gain!!!!! YIKES!!!!! this is my motivation!!!

Replies

• heybrit
    heybrit Posts: 140
    Options
    Yowza! O__O I hope you are alright, take care of yourself!
  • mom2BandD
    mom2BandD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow that is a lot of stuff to take in during one day.

I have never heard of having a swollen optic nerve, but I would think that would put pressure on your brain. Do you get headaches from this?
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's scary, I'm sending positive thoughts your way.
  • jbqueen
    jbqueen Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I hope this turns out to be something that can easily be taken care of! Wishing you the best!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Justkf
    Justkf Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    That is concerning. I hope it can be remedied and that you are ok. Really.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Sounds like Intracranial Hypertension.

Sending you lots of prayers and good wishes for your health!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Sending postive thoughts your way. Wishing you the best of health!
  • amycdsteinberg
    amycdsteinberg Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who DOES have a tumor, but she suffers alot of the same things you are saying and was told it was her weight as well-when she lost 50 pounds it made a HUGE difference for her in every area! Being overweight is so bad in so many ways...
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    Best of luck....we're thinking of you and pulling for you! That sure would be powerful motivation for me as well. :flowerforyou:
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    ((hugs)) firslty what a shock for you, I hope you have someone who can give you a hug and tell you everything will be ok. Tests are so scary when you don't know the outcome but remember that them catching this no matter the diagnosis is a good thing, forewarned is forearmed. They are obviously doing the right checks and trying to get to the bottom of this fast, this has to be a good thing.

Secondly, it is definately a wake up all for you about weight - a lot of us will have had some sort of wake up call to bring us here and actively losing weight. Every single lb you lose will help you - emotionally and physically so remember that, even if it's only 1lb lost it counts for a lot.. 1 / 52 th of a yearly loss is one weeks. :) You can do this and we're all here to support you.

Look after yourself and remember to talk to someone close who can empathise with you through your tests, go with you and support you. x x