Opinion wanted...Tummy tucks and lifts

Options
After losing 144 lbs I am considering a tummy tuck and lift.( not that I can afford it)...maybe implants too.....I can't seem to decide if it is worth it or not.......has anyone else thought about this. I have a Dr. that feels the tuck should be done....and I think I agree...but I can not decide to lift or lift and implant....or skip the lift all together.

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!

I would go for the tummy tuck; after that much weight lost it's really the only way to remove the skin. I'd skip the boobs (just my opinion--they look pretty good from here, ha), unless it's something that really bothers you.

blessings.
  • Sallycinnimon
    Sallycinnimon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I think you've worked hard for it. That's what they were made for! So, if this will make you happy, go for it.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I agree with the tuck. Doesnt look like you need any implants, just saying! LOL. .... But they offer payment plans at most places that I hear on radio. Hopefully that will help! Good luck.
  • natersmama
    Options
    do what you think will make you happy. after i'm done with babies and have the money, i plan on getting boobies (i lost them after breastfeeding) and a tummy tuck (gained 45 lbs with pregnancy and had a csection). i see it as i work hard to change the things about my body within my control. if i have to, i will pay a dr to change the things i cant.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I have about another 130 pounds to go. I already have an account started. You've worked hard and after losing that much weight, the skin is probably not going to get too much better. I plan on having a tummy tuck, breast lift, and probably have the back of my arms taken care of as they are atrocious! I've got awhile to go though!
  • CarlaJean140down
    CarlaJean140down Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your opinions...the boobs look nice in the pic....but can you say padded push up....lol

I am still really torn about the implant option....is natural the way to go? even if they aren't even a "B" ?...when they have been a "DDD" my entire life?
  • jpamplin28
    jpamplin28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If I had to choose I would go with the Tummy Tuck. I have a few more pounds to lose and then around my birthday (Feb) I am going to go see a surgeon myself. A good bra can help the breasts.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your opinions...the boobs look nice in the pic....but can you say padded push up....lol

I am still really torn about the implant option....is natural the way to go? even if they aren't even a "B" ?...when they have been a "DDD" my entire life?

I like my boobs. They will disappear when I reach goal. I am buying some Gummy Bears to make up for the loss.
    A tummy tuck is a definite yes.
    Arms too I imagine. I can sail a ship with these babies.
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I say go for it. Do what makes you feel happy and confident. You've worked hard for it and deserve it.

I was going to say, make sure you do your homework and find a reputable place/Dr to work with so that you know what the risks are going into it. BUT it sounds like you have your head on straight, so you probably don't need reminding.

CONGRATS on your success.
  • CarlaJean140down
    CarlaJean140down Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My hubby won't give an opinion on whether he/guys prefer real of fake boobs....what do you think.....I could use a few Male opinions here....my hubby just says do what you want...but I know he is a boob man.....it frustrates me that he won't tell me if he would prefer if I leave them small and natural
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    1) Yes, the tuck will be worth it.
    2) Real. If I wanted to play with silicone, I'd get one of those little gel filled balls at Toys-R-Us for $5. I definitely prefer natural.
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the posters - after that much weight lost, I think you should do it for you! My mom has lost just over 100 lbs and is getting hers done (she was considering implants too but I'm unsure if she decided to go for it). One thing to consider though, if you haven't - you may want to look around outside of your geographic area. I'm not sure where you're from, but I'm in Alberta, Canada and my mom has decided to get her surgery in Arizona, because it is literally a fraction of the price and she liked the surgeon more. You might find it worth it to travel!!! Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide!