low calorie lunches?

Options
Hi everyone,
Does anyone haved suggestions for low calorie, but filling lunch ideas please?
thank you :smile:

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I like chicken wraps. 3 oz of grilled chicken, 1 whole wheat tortilla, a handful of your favorite salad mix, tsp of mustard and some roasted bell peppers. I add an oz of feta when I need more cals & protein. It's about 300 calories depending on the calories in the different brands of tortillas, I have found some for 50 cals each.
  • dcfl2012
    Options
    Cool...I'm looking forward to the posts as well :)
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    salads, chicken breast, boiled egg, almonds (a handful is about 100-200 calories and it fills you up), soup, oatmeal, tuna.
  • paradise666
    Options
    I like microwaving a sweet potato and adding single serve vegetables over that.
  • CarlaJean140down
    CarlaJean140down Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do spinach salad with raspberries, almonds , onion and chicken with minimal dressing
  • dcfl2012
    Options
    Whole Wheat -Low Carb wraps from Trader Joe's are awesome ! Fill that w/ Turkey, and the healthy fixin's...your good to go :)
  • Justkf
    Justkf Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I buy 5 frozen entrees for the work week-either Lean Cuisine or Smart ones. They are in the freezer at work and I eat them because I know they are there, I save money on lunch and am satiated as well. On the weekends, I find a toasted english muffin with half an avocado and 2 tbsp cream cheese to be a guilty pleasure and low in calories-but feels like more. Amys burritos are good too super filling and about 310 calories.
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I really like the Healthy Choice soups..... the chicken and rice is my fave! It feels me up, I guess because I get it really hot and so I have no choice but to eat it really slow.
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    1 whole wheat tortilla with low fat refried beans Wrap, pop it in toaster oven or regular oven until brown top with chopped tomato and romaine lettuce. Very low calorie last a long time.
  • Faylene38
    Options
    I like Flatout bread filled with all kinds of different things. Sometimes chopped up salad with a little fat free cheddar cheese and low cal dressing, or black beans and caned tomatoes (there are a lot of flavored options, like roasted garlic) plus fat free cheddar cheese and a little low fat or fat free sour cream. You can also put some chopped chicken in with the salad greens. The filling choices are endless and the flatout bread comes in several different flavors!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I <3 salads, especially filling with a hard boiled egg and a piece of toast. Wraps are pretty yummy too, and some days, a bowl of oatmeal really hits the spot.
  • ziggylove
    Options
    I've found that meat sandwiches are a little lower in calories (and tastier) than peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. For example...

Yummy and filling turkey sandwich:

2 slices honey oat bran bread - 220 cals
    3 slices oven roasted turkey breast lunch meat - 90 cals
    2 tsp spicy brown mustard - 10 cals
    As much dark green leaf lettuce you can stack on - minimal cals/don't worry about it

Grand total: 320 calories!

Add a little baggie of baby carrots and it's still easily under 400.

Don't forget a couple cups of water or tea to wash it down with. ;D
  • shelleyr06
    Options
    thankyou all SO much. My mouth is watering just reading some of the suggestions :happy:
  • alliooops
    alliooops Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Spread the tortilla wrap with a dairylea lite triangle first, then pile with your turkey or chicken salad - saves using mayo,
  • docHelen
    docHelen Posts: 198
    Options
    quorn slices with mustard on ryvita and some salad. or ratatouille or left over veg curry with a slice of bread
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Soup... not some watery broth, but good thick soup. Just cook some veggies and blitz! Yes it is as simple as that.

Crumble in some lean ham or chicken if you want to get a protein fix at lunch.

Soup keeps you fuller for longer and home made is soooo tasty. But I also love Baxter's soups (UK & Ireland) which are as good as home-made.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Do you make healthy dinners? Save a portion out and put in the fridge/freezer for lunch!