Slipping Back

Options
So I have noticed that I am slowly slipping back to old habits. I am a fast food junkie and I notice that I have been doing it again not as much and I stay in my cals but I need not to do it at all. Any suggestions on quick foods that are healthy. That is my other problem I am lazy and don't like to cook.

Replies

• Amboo
    Amboo Posts: 30
    Options
    So I have noticed that I am slowly slipping back to old habits. I am a fast food junkie and I notice that I have been doing it again not as much and I stay in my cals but I need not to do it at all. Any suggestions on quick foods that are healthy. That is my other problem I am lazy and don't like to cook.
  • JILLI21
    JILLI21 Posts: 2
    Options
    Go shopping on Sundays and make lunch for the week. A prepared salad/ bagged spinach, and a lean meat and low-fat grated cheese, nuts, avacados, hummus, olive oil and vinegar, pepper and I love ground curry makes things better:)
    I just get easy stuff to throw in a salad, and spice it up. I make it the night before work and I have a healthy fresh lunch every day and it saves money.
    Always carry a protien bar, low fat, Kashi and zone are good ones. and fruit. Always have something to snack on.
    And i fill my nalgene bottle 2 times a day, so I knwo I have 8 glasses of water a day.
    If you eat healthy for a while you wont crave fast food, the idea will actually make you sick.
    Good luck.
  • lorrigarcia
    Options
    I hate cooking also...really anything to do with preparing a meal I hate..fast food is so fast and easy..So to break my habit of grabbing something through the drive thru, I make large portions of healthy meals on one day and just split it up into a couple tupperware containers and put them in the freezer so all I have to do is pop it into the microwave when it was time to eat. I'm doing the same with my fruits and salads. Makes it easier for me.
  • lorrigarcia
    Options
    Go shopping on Sundays and make lunch for the week. A prepared salad/ bagged spinach, and a lean meat and low-fat grated cheese, nuts, avacados, hummus, olive oil and vinegar, pepper and I love ground curry makes things better:)
    I just get easy stuff to throw in a salad, and spice it up. I make it the night before work and I have a healthy fresh lunch every day and it saves money.
    Always carry a protien bar, low fat, Kashi and zone are good ones. and fruit. Always have something to snack on.
    And i fill my nalgene bottle 2 times a day, so I knwo I have 8 glasses of water a day.
    If you eat healthy for a while you wont crave fast food, the idea will actually make you sick.
    Good luck.

*****If you eat healthy for a while you wont crave fast food, the idea will actually make you sick.*****

This is very true..not only the idea will make you sick....to even eat it makes me sick now and then I just feel terrible about giving in for the rest of the week..
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    We make chilli, low cal whole wheat lasagna, asian chicken salads...things like that, on sunday after we shop, then freeze them. 5 minutes in the microwave, and viola, dinner is served, bonus, it's good cals, and you KNOW what the calories are instead of hoping what some fast food place says is right (they can be off by a lot, they are very rarely checked)
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to cook. But one thing that is really easy when you don't have lots of prep time is to use a crock pot. Seriously SO easy, set it up in the morning and then just leave it. WHen you get home from work there's a delishious meal there waiting for you! I've done potroasts, roast chickens, stews, chilis, pasta dishes, meatballs. Everything is so easy, seriously. You should look into that.
  • dcblanc0
    Options
    Cool story bro...tell it again!