Lemon water every morning?

Options
So i just brought some lemons so i can drink a cup of warm lemon water every morning. I heard it is suppose to clean out your system to help with losing weight.... has anyone tried it and if so does it work ???? :smile: :smile: :smile:

Replies

• Venice34
    Venice34 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Heard lemon water is good for you, but not this fact
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    It seems to be recommend often. I have read it in all sorts of magazines but most of all i guess it can't hurt.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Nah, it's just a gimmick. Like drinking apple cider vinegar in water with honey. Not required for weight loss.

I mean, if you want to drink it, go for it! Just make sure to rinse your mouth or brush your teeth right after because the acid will be hard on the enamel.
  • essjay75
    essjay75 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I really like lemon water in the morning....fresh squeezed lemons are full of nutrients. I don't know about the rest of it though...

edited to include-I also believe it's a diuretic so may help that way...
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    Actually, I think you're supposed to NOT brush your teeth right after, because the citric acid weakens the enamel and if you brush right after you are more likely to cause damage. Let your saliva wash it away a bit first.

I drink half a lemon in a 16 oz. glass of water twice a day. I'm not trying to lose weight, but it is great for ...er...digestive purposes. If you get my drift. :)
  • krsaxton
    krsaxton Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I was just reading that too! Sounds easy enough for the benefits! :)

http://lajollamom.com/2011/01/drink-warm-lemon-water-in-the-morning/
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Actually, I think you're supposed to NOT brush your teeth right after, because the citric acid weakens the enamel and if you brush right after you are more likely to cause damage. Let your saliva wash it away a bit first.

I drink half a lemon in a 16 oz. glass of water twice a day. I'm not trying to lose weight, but it is great for ...er...digestive purposes. If you get my drift. :)

That sounds totally reasonable! Maybe it was just the rinsing thing then. Thanks for that!
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    I like having hot water with honey and lemon in the morning instead of tea but I was told that I should have a tepid glass of water with just a squeeze of lemon first to "wake up" the liver....??

I've tried it a bit but can't say I noticed my liver waking up in any way!
  • Jazmene
    Options
    Thank you EVERYONE for the feedback... and thanx {krsaxton} for the website it was very helpful... I am going to try it and see what happens. Everything doesn't work for everybody so it's just a trial and error thing... Have a good evening ALL :smile:
  • Diane80lb
    Options
    Does anyone know if this should be from a fresh lemon, or if the bottled lemon juice is/works the same?
  • essjay75
    essjay75 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Fresh lemon is a must!
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options

I just heard the exact same thing. the article i read was to only brush twice per day, and not directly after meals.
  • Motivationrequired
    Options
    I tried the 'lemon diet' or master cleanse made me put weight on and felt Soooo ill so don't try it!! As for in morning I heard it was good for you not sure whether it's true I HAVE to have my coffee !! Anyone tried protein shakes, if so really appreciate any advice day 9 finding it Sooo hard.....!