I NEED HELP PLS!!

Options
SO I STARTED GOING ON THE CALORIE DIET AROUND FEB.15. I STEPPED ON THE SCALES TODAY AND I HAVE GAINED 8 LBS. HOW CAN THIS BE? I NEVER GO OVER AND HARDLY EVER GO UNDER THE 1600 IM SUPPOSED TO EAT. PEOPLE CAN TELL THAT I AM LOSING WEIGHT AND I CAN TELL IT IN MY CLOTHES BUT WHY DOES THE SCALES SAY I HAVE GAINED 8 LBS?

Replies

• tar2009
    Options
    SO I STARTED GOING ON THE CALORIE DIET AROUND FEB.15. I STEPPED ON THE SCALES TODAY AND I HAVE GAINED 8 LBS. HOW CAN THIS BE? I NEVER GO OVER AND HARDLY EVER GO UNDER THE 1600 IM SUPPOSED TO EAT. PEOPLE CAN TELL THAT I AM LOSING WEIGHT AND I CAN TELL IT IN MY CLOTHES BUT WHY DOES THE SCALES SAY I HAVE GAINED 8 LBS?
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Options
    Are you exercising? Maybe you are gaining muscle weight.

Maybe if you are drinking more water this is adding to it.

When do you weight yourself?

Melissa
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yes...you're probably gaining muscle. Keep at it. The scale will eventually go down. Everyone's body is different and you may be quick to gain the muscle, slow to lost the fat. Hang in there. We've all had our downfalls but it's the getting through them that makes it count! Good luck!!
    *Kistinbee*
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Your probably just going through the initial stages. When we work out (especially in the beginning) our body has a tendancy to add muscle until it feels it can perform the tasks you are now doing. This can add up to 10 or 12 lbs. But in the end it will help you a tremendous amount. Stick with it. It's been less then 2 weeks for you, give it another 2 and then check. If you are sticking to your plan and you keep working out, I'm sure it will turn around for you. Remember, fat can have up to 4 times the volume of muscle and lean tissue, so even though you may be gaining muscle, your volume could be going down, this is a good thing. Best to measure yourself on multiple factors, not just the scale.

Hope this helps. :bigsmile:
  • tar2009
    Options
    thank you everyone!!
  • becca51
    Options
    The most accurate weight loss indicator is your actual measurements--not your weight on the scale. I hit a point where I only lost 1lb on the scale but managed to drop a pant size bc I was converting fat into muscle.

Seriously, for most people who workout--as in lifting weights--weight scales are never correct. My personal trainer is a woman, 5'8, and weighs 150lbs. For the BMI, she's near being overweight--which is crazy seeing as how she is a size 4 and has 12% body fat--its all muscle.