Need to vent

Options
I am so angry at myself! I'm so mad that I have let things come to this. I am disappointed that I have allowed myself to become this over weight and out of shape. Nothing tramatic has happened in my life, i just like to eat. I have no one to blame except myself!

I have made a sad attempt to commit to a healthier lifestyle..... But it is so hard.... And the process is so slow.... And that just upsets me even more....

I know that I have to stick to it and I know that it takes time but frankly, it sucks!

Give me the strength to overcome these negative thoughts in my head and the will power to make it through my weak moments....

I'm ready for a new day, one foot in front of the other....

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Being here is a good step.
    Good Luck.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day, and you CAN DO IT!
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    Success doesn't come overnight; neither do healthy eating habits. If you want to improve, then change. Take it step by step.
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Somedays it's easier to stay healthy than others. It will be a long road, but one that's worth taking. You deserve to take your life back. I hope tomorrow is better.
  • cufirst84
    cufirst84 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dont beat yourself up, i know where your coming from ...I love to eat , and i mean that... i never put away a half eatten bag of chips or have put the lid back on a tub of dip, i have always just eatting everything till its gone. I have found that you have to take baby steps. Feel free to add me :)
  • Justkf
    Justkf Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I got a little pissed knowing I let myself be this way for 10 years! And I am happy to be shedding some of it and it feels like a life choice-not a diet. That is always in my head. Today I gave myself a little chirp while walking DGU! (don't give up) 23 pounds to go is hard to imagine but losing 23 already was even harder. Does that make sense? You can do it and your post today is a big step!
  • natashab1977
    natashab1977 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think everyone feels that way, I know that I do. I think when it is hard you are suppose to dig deeper, and when you want to give up you go one more day. You have to remind yourself of your goal daily and it is hard but so is life in general. I am losing weight because my deserves to be healthy and so does yours.
  • Meekaah
    Meekaah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Totally understand! One day at a time as you mentioned and tomorrow is another day. I am struggling to keep portion control and less red wine but I have to remember to keep focused. I read this article about motivation on www.sparkpeople.com and it has helped me put things in perspective!
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    It took me about 30 years to get this fat ...I'm 51 and was skinny in college and up til about 24 yrs old...I'm not gonna lose 50-60 pounds in a few weeks or even a few months...just as long as it doesn't take me another 30 years!!! :bigsmile:
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    I really think that you have already won half the battle by admitting that it was nobody's fault but your own. (get so tired of hearing lame excuses from people as to why they are heavy, and you readily take ownership of that) So KUDO's to you!!! That takes strength right there to admit. So now you can easily turn it around and get the weight back off, chalk it up to to a good lesson learned and take your life back! YOU KNOW YOU CAN DO IT! Lisa from California =) PS....give it plenty of time
  • kchris125
    Options
    Wow.. Thank you all so much. I didn't really expect to get any comments, but it is very much appreciated. :). I decided to put my feelings today in writing so I don't ever forget what this moment felt like and then hopefully it will be my motivation to never turn back.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. We all got here one way or another. In my 40 years of dieting, thanks to MFP, I finally feel like I know what I am doing. I think you will be able to meet your goals by using this site. I have learned a lot abot food and calories and I love reading the post. I get good tips and great recipes. It took me five years to gain the weight so I know it is not coming off in 5 weeks. Be patient and hang in there. Good Luck
  • LouPeters
    Options
    Dont be to hard on yourself. You're here thats a good thing. Someone told me "Its hard being fat", "Its hard losing weight" Choose your hard. :happy:
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    The fact that you joined MFP is a great move in the right direction. Start thanking yourself for having the motivation and courage to do that. I know that you're a wonderful person with many great qualities, and working through this will help you grow more beautiful on the inside and outside. I'm glad you posted.
  • mcdear
    mcdear Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    keep your chin up im new to this and feel your pain but being upset with yourself isnt going to get you anywere stay positive... and know you can do this
  • beautybiz
    beautybiz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Getting pissed and being here is a good start. I love to eat also and for the longest considered chocolate to be the fifth food group.

Finding new ways to cook, making good choices on a restaurant menu, holding myself accountable and not using food as a reward or a way to feel better when my day completely sucked are a few things that have helped me.

friend me if you need to vent again :smile:
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    Just keep your eye on the prize!! I have battled my weight all of my life! The good news is, you can change the way you look and feel.
    Good for you venting!!! It really helps when you have buddies to help get ya through it!!
    Hang in there! :flowerforyou:
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    keep your chin up ...

My wife told me that once, and I asked her "Which one?" :huh:
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    First of all, everyone has said things I thought. But, just remember that learning to take on othe healthy habits can be taken small steps at a time, too. You can make gradual changes so that you don't overwhelm yourself or burn out. That was the advice I got from my nutritionist and doctor. I almost fainted when they handed me the nutritional guidelines and said to start out by dropping sugared soda and decreasing fried foods and start to practice "mindful eating". Every week or two, I made another change. But, JUST changing to diet soda gave me an 8 pound weight loss in one week.

By the time I had fulfilled all of the requirements to have lapband surgery, I had lost 22 pounds and was motivated to get the band to make it easier. I appreciated the lack of pressure to make all of the changes instantly. Go at your own pace and don't expect 100% perfection from yourself. If you comply the majority of the time, you can get away with a few intentional and unintentional slips from time to time.

Best of luck. You CAN do it. Tell yourself that you can and you believe in yourself and you deserve it and eventually you will MEAN it!