Im New, Gary1977 Referred Me

Options
Hi,

I'm 22 years old...and I need some inspiration to lose weight. I always lose my motivation within the first week of trying to get on track to a healthy lifestyle. I have been gaining around 2lbs a month for a while now, and its gotten to the point where simply walking up the stairs to go to bed is a struggle...sometimes I sit on the couch knowing i need something upstairs and I will wait until my boyfriend gets home just so that I can ask him to get something for me upstairs. I am 5'1, and 207lbs, my goal weight is 140lbs, as an adult i have been much smaller than my goal weight but i figure that I need to set something that is attainable and not too hard to reach. I have had back surgery and it has caused me a lot of pain which led to me exercising less. I was in the Army and before I was in the Army I had eating problems where I would starve myself to be skinny. Then when i was in the Army I could eat anything I wanted because I was so highly active. However, after I had back surgery my exercising came to a halt but my unhealthy overeating habits continued. Now I have gained all this weight and I have become very depressed. I need to find support to become healthy and stay healthy the right way!

Replies

• razorspells
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, a place for great support and motivation. You can do it! Can do!
    Good luck on your diet and exercise. Feel free to add me as your friend if you like :smile:
  • gobamagrl
    gobamagrl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Don't be depressed! You can do it! Just keep the right frame of mind, and it will all fall into place.....:flowerforyou: