I'm new :o)

Options
Stumbled upon this site, and hoping it will give me the tools to accomplish a goal that I've been wanting to achieve... weightloss. I'm so impressed by the amount of weight people have been losing. A few friends I know have had lap band surgery and I really want to lose weight without surgery, shots, or appetite surpressents. I want this the old fashion way, calories in vs calories out.

Replies

• LillyMosley
    Options
    I don't know why but the site is working (so far) for me. Happy to be friends if you want some support. Good Luck!
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good on you for wanting to shed the weight yourself! That shows some serious drive, and being willing to hang here with us is a great step towards that goal!

I admit that I have slipped more than once, and for quite some time, but if I can be of any help, let me know!

You can do this!
  • nycnettie
    nycnettie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the support, I need it. I have been up and down with my weight, but mostly up the past 3 years. I had a baby 10 days before I turned 38, and haven't been able to shed the pregnancy weight yet. My baby will turn 3 Dec. 26th. I have a history of diabetes in my family. Lost my Mom to complications to diabetes when she was 54 and I was 29 at the time. I really feel I need to get to a healthy weight, my life depends on it. I have 3 daughters, and I don't want them to lose a Mom like I did.
  • nycnettie
    nycnettie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friends, but not sure how to do that :o) New to this, and it took me forever to get comfortable with FB, but once I learn it, you'll hear from me all the time :o)
  • gobamagrl
    gobamagrl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT! :bigsmile: This site has been a HUGE help for myself....lots of support here, and I love tracking my food and exercise. Good luck!! :flowerforyou: