New Here and Have soy allergy

Options
Hey there I'm new one here, I just had a baby in August and I'm starting a workout plan but I have a major hurdle: I'm allergic to soy :ohwell: . Does anyone have any suggestions on healthy soy-free food options? It's just in everything, :noway: and I mean almost everything. Plz and Thx in advance :happy:

Replies

• tkrauss4263
    Options
    If you go out to corporate restaurants such as PF Chang's or other chain restaurants and tell them you are allergic to soy they will offer you menus of foods you can eat. Also, if you go to health food stores such as Sprouts, whole foods, sunflower market and other organic markets, they have tags on the shelves that specify which foods are gluten-free, soy-free, etc. Those are the best places to shop for those healthy allergy-free foods!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    The fewer prepackaged foods you buy, the less you will find this is an issue. Frozen veggies, dry beans and pastas, fresh meats, real cheese and yogurt. These are all real, yummy foods that you should be able to eat. :)
  • elizetta
    Options
    Thanks for the input. On the health foods or larger food chains sadly I live in a small town in Wyoming, our health food store caters to those looking for soy rich foods and all but two resturants use soy based oils. Plus I have yet to ever be in a resturant that has an allergin menu, I wish it was regualted somehow that they have to declare the ingrediants in their foods just like commerically sold foods have to. I'm trying to be more of a cook, because I've been terrible about fastfooding it and then being ill for days/weeks on end.