Fitness Watches / Pedometers - Recommendation??

Options
Can anyone recommend a good pedometer or fitness watch that counts steps, distance and calories burned?? Most of the ones I've seen are for runners and not walkers. Thanks!

Replies

• atkinsad
    Options
    You could try the fitbit.

www.fitbit.com
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    I really like my Omron HJ-720IT, it works really well and I can keep it in my pocket. It also has a USB feature and I can download my data to the computer, but I think they have an identical cheaper model w/o the USB feature.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    We have several made by Sportline in the family. Fills your criteria. Sells from $20 to $40 depending on features.
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    I use the fit bit and am happy with it but I also use a polar 6 for calories. I will admit that at the end of the day the calories for both are close. Fit bit is not real good for weight training (calories)
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Polar FT 4, i love it!!! I got mine from ebay for $60....
  • penelofur
    penelofur Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I use the fit bit and am happy with it but I also use a polar 6 for calories. I will admit that at the end of the day the calories for both are close. Fit bit is not real good for weight training (calories)

Is it worth 99.99- I was checking their website and it looks really cool! I am on a bit of a budget- sooo is it gimmicky or is FitBit really worth the money? Please let me know!
  • MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I started with a Polar F6. I LOVED that HRM.
    However, I am moved on to fancier gadgets as my fitness geekness has grown.
    I now wear a BodyBugg (similar to the FitBit).
    It is the bomb.
    It is an investment, however, if you need the additional feedback and help finding out your most accurate calorie burn and other data, it is totally worth it.
  • keithaj1
    keithaj1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone there are alot of apps out there for a buck or so.
  • kelceystevens73
    kelceystevens73 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input....purchased a Nike fit strap today gonna give that a try. I'll let ya know how I like it.