Hi, I"m new

Options
I found this website and loved it.. I am 55 years old and my son put me on the path to getting healthy by supplying me with a gym membership for Christmas last year. My best friend became my workout buddy. I have not been as dedicated lately, so I thought this may be just what I need!! When I started, my weight was 232 now my weight is 198.In May, I was down to 193 but I have been at this weight:smile: all summer!! Hope I haven't rambled to much and I am looking forward to getting started.

Replies

• janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new (healthy) life style. That is awesome. I am actually in my fifties as well and when I started to get active at the age of 50, a brand new world opened up.
  • KENNY1957
    KENNY1957 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey it's a50's reunion.....lol Jump in the waters warm!!!! Add me up and climb aboard....We have a great group here stay accountable and you will lose the lb's!! Good luck!!!:glasses:
  • docHelen
    docHelen Posts: 198
    Options
    welcome, you've done a great job so far, but on here you'll really get stuck into weight loss. Make lots of friends and enjoy their encouragement :flowerforyou:
  • ilovelucy1026
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on your choice to get healthy! I'm 52 and have struggled with my weight most of my life. Last year, I lost over 60 lbs. and came within a few pounds of my goal weight. The holidays came around and I stopped tracking my food and gained 20 lbs. back. Then I found this site and have lost 8 lbs. since. The support here is great! It helps keep me motivated!