UK - organic veg box delivery?

Options
I am thinking of getting one of those organic veg box delivery things. Does anyone have one? Who do you recommend? I want to try some new veggies and I figure this is a good way of doing it!

Replies

• docHelen
    docHelen Posts: 198
    Options
    i have river ford and had done for quite some years now. they have a lot of differnt boxes or you can order outside the box (which i often do to avoid getting stuff that we grow anyway. It's great having truly seasonal veg instead of what the supermarket sells all year round, you appreciate the seasons so much more. And because it is delivered it's soo convenient. best thing to do is give it a try.
  • morenita71
    morenita71 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    HI I use abel and cole and have been using them for many years. They're pretty good. I live with my partner and we get a small gourmet veg box every fortnight. Have had some interesting stuff in it over the years - not all of which i've liked but it's fine because you can specify veg you don't like and they put in something else instead. Most recent box had little squashes, kale and kohlrabi! Their website hs recipes too. Good luck and have fun experimenting!
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's parents get Riverford and they seem to enjoy it, and always have lots of nice veggies at their house!
  • PreshelledPistachio
    Options
    I was very impressed with Riverford. You can't make any substitutions with Riverford but I liked that because it forced me to eat things I wouldn't normally. It was also good because you can manage your account online and you don't have to have the same box each week, we used to have a small box one week and a medium box the next week, all controlled online and you can change or add things almost at the last minute.

I wanted to start using it again but we've gone low carb and their non-potato boxes are pretty expensive so we've taken to visiting farmers markets instead, the markets aren't organic though.
  • gorgeousgunner
    Options
    I've just started using the Organic delivery company -

http://www.organicdeliverycompany.co.uk/shopfront/shopfront.php

The produce is lovely and they are flexible about delivery locations and times.

Hope this helps!
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I shall definitely give one a go.