For everyone!

jkleman79
jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
edited October 3 in Motivation and Support
Greetings everyone!! I do hope everyone is having a wonderful start of the day and weekend. So I pass this information along quite a lot to many of my friends on MFP. I want to make sure everyone on here new and old and the ones that just cant seem to get ahead all read this.

As this says as well we all put our end goal into one big picture. We all want to lose weight and we all want to be healthy. This as many say on here does not happen over night, and well you didnt put it all on in one day either. Well here is an easy way to make this happen. Take your mind off your final goal for now, or just completely throw it away. Start out with small hourly or daily goals. Then add some weekly goals in there now stop. These are the only goals you NEED right now. This will show you constant success everyday or week. Keeping you trying that much harder. Not this missing ONE day and thinking the whole big goal is shot. WHO CARES!! Its one day.

Set small daily goals. "I will eat a veggie when I am craving candy" Its one calorie at a time, one pound at a time, one day at a time or one week at a time. Before you even realize it you will be passed what your original big goal even was. Have an awesome day my friends! =0)

Achievement of a Life Goal

By Karen Casey from the book, "Each Day a New Beginning" Thanks to Kim for submitting!

We truly can do these things that are our "hearts' pure desires." However, most of us look at the whole task and feel overwhelmed.

We need, instead, to look at the task's many parts. One part at a time, one day at a time, we can accomplish any goal we set for ourselves. I know a recovering woman who wrote a 300-page dissertation, the final achievement to obtain her PhD. When asked at a meeting how she ever did it, her reply was, "One word at a time." That's wonderful advice.

No matter how many goals were missed or plans dashed when we were still using, now that we are recovering, each of us can do whatever is in our hearts--if we do it little by little, not all at once, today.

Today, I will do one small task that will contribute toward the achievement of a life goal.

More Thoughts on Goals and Life:
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." C.S. Lewis

"The more intensely we feel about an idea or a goal, the more assuredly the idea, buried deep in our subconscious, will direct us along the path to its fulfillment." Earl Nightingale

"Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think." Horace

"Only a life lived for others is worth living." Albert Einstein

Replies

This discussion has been closed.