work out DVDS suggestions?

Options
So I'm thinking of investing in a few dvds for when the winter weather strikes and puts a stop to outdoor workouts. I had a few general ideas in mind and wondered if anyone had any experience with them> ? I'm being cautious since the last dvd I got was a disappointment....
I was curious about Carmen Electra's "strip to fit " video series, but can defiantly see that turning out to be a waste. Also had my eye on a few "pilates/kickboxing" combo Dvds. I'd love to get my hands on a couple of good fighting videos but nothing too complicated, I understand anything new will have instruction but I want something quick to catch onto and really get me sweating.
Again I'm looking for an intermediate cardio workout, last new workout I tried was belly dancing and while it was nice and interesting it wasn't quite what I craved and I never felt like I was doing an honest workout.
So, thoughts?

Replies

• ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Also I should add I've already got 30 day shred in the cart :)
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My moms tv had Carmen Electras Strip to Fit onDemand and I tried it. You feel a little goofy in some dance moves but I really enjoyed it. I didnt do it long term so I do not know how effective it is.
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    30 DS...great choice...here is why from my latest blog perspective~

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/beach_bum_gurl/view/30-ds-day-14-l2d4-155766
  • GkMusic
    GkMusic Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Nice! 30 day shred is awesome. Also, Jillian's ripped in 30 is amazing.
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I love leslie sansone 4 mile walk slim for when I can't get outside it's a great work out and challenges me with out being out of my league. I also like jm ripped in 30dvd
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Also I should add I've already got 30 day shred in the cart :)

Was gonna recommend this! Jillian is AMAZING also try yoga meltdown makes you sweat in the fist five minutes awesome
  • ncsubeachgirl
    ncsubeachgirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I tried the carmen electra and jillian... carmen didnt last very long haha and i'm still doing jillian 30 day shred. Do you have netflix? You can get tons of fitness dvds on there and try them out!
  • prettyprpro
    prettyprpro Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I like Biggest Loser Power Walk, Leslie Sansone's 5 mile walk and Denise Austin DVD's.
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I like to check out exercise DVDs from the library. They have a huge selection so when I get tired of it (about three times) I just return it and get a different one. If I really like it, I buy one for my personal library.
  • angel2874
    angel2874 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of buying one of her dvds they are a good workout? Leslie walking dvds
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    zumba zumba zumba zumba zumba:)
  • cathy200
    Options
    I have tried quite a few of Leslie Sansone I am currently doing advanced 5 mile walk at home but I am only doing 3 miles with a stretchie band. Its 3 fast miles in35 minutes I do this 5 to 6 a week. Gook luck with your weight loss:happy:
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of buying one of her dvds they are a good workout? Leslie walking dvds
    Yes they are great!!! Anyone can do them but you still get a workout doing them at tip top shape.
  • prettyprpro
    prettyprpro Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Leslie is the greatest!! I like the 5 mile walk myself
  • cruzanna
    cruzanna Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Another good Jillian Michaels dvd is "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism".
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone has some good indoor walking workouts.

Exercise TV has over 100 free workouts on their site. If you don't mind watching workouts from your computer, then you can check out the workouts on there. A lot of them come on On Demand. A lot of cable companies don't carry Exercise TV with their On Demand.

http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/all/?videotype=free-full-length