Advice from 'top heavy' women

Options
I have a question for 'larger busted' women. Have any of you found a good place to buy a good sports bra, that actually fits and works? Many of the exercises I'm doing are just killing me. I feel like I'm going to give myself 2 black eyes...lol. Any suggestions?

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I wear 2 and buy them a little smaller than my size
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    i do wear one regular and two sports bras those suckers arent moving at all. i did want to invest in one but i figured since im losing weight i didnt want to waste the money if i wont be able to fit into anymore
  • ncsubeachgirl
    ncsubeachgirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I wear two also and buy the champion ones from target
  • kailisa2000
    kailisa2000 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I wear a regular (wireless) one and then wear an exercise tank top that has a built in sports bra over top of it. I feel your pain!
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    the best sports bra by far is under armour (the one where you zip the front closed) get it one size smaller and it is perfect! I go jogging now and dont feel a thing :)
  • KEN1013
    KEN1013 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    great question!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • mmelledge
    mmelledge Posts: 150
    Options
    I work @ Old Navy.... our Active line is pretty nice, and reasonably priced, too. In fact, pretty sure there's gonna be a sale later this month!
  • allehp
    allehp Posts: 96
    Options
    Lady Grace! You can get them on their website. They come in real cup sizes and they're great!
  • jsmadison
    jsmadison Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try barbarasnewbeginnings.com. Its a store in Ft.Wayne and Indianapolis, IN that specializes in bras for women with larger breast and breast cancer patients. They are expensive, but the quality is great.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    make your own sqwisher bra from old pantyhose like ballerinas and gymnasts do:

cut off the legs to make the arm holes, then hold the panty part of the panty hose upside down. Cut out the crotch section for your head, and gently slice open the front and back of the panty section from the center of the crotch section you just cut out. The panty section will stretch and should now look like a tank top.

put it on and it will squeeze your ladies down. No problem. The waist band should fit nicely directly under your bust line, holding the ladies in firmly.
  • jsmadison
    jsmadison Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love Old Navy's active wear. Thanks for the tip!
  • sissytx
    sissytx Posts: 50
    Options
    i found a great one online at jcpenneys. it is the best one I have found for us that have been more blessed.
  • JeanWalker109
    Options
    The Enell is great, but expensive. Champion ones are not too bad, either.

Really, I always wondered how the chics on the Biggest Loser didn't talk about the pain of their chest floppin' all around. Seriously!
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort Fiona style. It's great, especially for high impact. If you are even bigger (like a G cup, which I have been) Freya has an underwire style that is great too. As always, doubling up works okay, I just have had chafing problems doing that. Good luck keeping the girls restrained :grumble:

http://www.activelyyours.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?page=AY/PROD/bras/Fiona_Bra
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Check out Title 9 Sports. (http://www.titlenine.com/category/sports-bras-and-undies.do) They rate their bras with barbells, The more barbells, the more it holds the girls in place!

They may be a little pricey, but honestly invest in a good one & you will get plenty of wear from it. I am still wearing one I bought a few (4?) years ago. The only reason I need to replace it is it is that I've lost weight and its too big now!

Good luck!
  • Denimgirl
    Denimgirl Posts: 87 Member
    Options
  • akilianamalia
    akilianamalia Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    enell sports bras are great. i also heard earlier this week that lululemon's bras are great.
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies!! I will check into these options and try and find something that works. Thank you so much!
  • Net132
    Net132 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Check out Title 9 Sports. (http://www.titlenine.com/category/sports-bras-and-undies.do) They rate their bras with barbells, The more barbells, the more it holds the girls in place!

They may be a little pricey, but honestly invest in a good one & you will get plenty of wear from it. I am still wearing one I bought a few (4?) years ago. The only reason I need to replace it is it is that I've lost weight and its too big now!

Good luck!

Agree TItle 9 a little pricey but well woth it!!
  • Mitchlou84
    Options
    Depends how top heavy you are, I am a 36HH and get on well with shock absorber but the Freya and Elomi underwired ones are good too