weights or resistance bands?

I am doing P90X and my 5lb weight is just to easy for me I want be toned but before spending money on new weights I want to look at the options and figure what would be best to use in the long run I dont want have to go out a new pair of weights every time I get stronger What do guys think is best and why?

Replies

• Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    I bought resistance bands for that reason, and so far I've found them as challenging as the weights. I bought a package of 6, and have already moved up to the third one (red). I still have 3 more "levels" so I'm pretty sure I have resistance for a while. I think it was a good investment.
  • Whopooh
    Whopooh Posts: 50
    I'm also doing P90X and honestly I do use both weights and the bands. If I had to pick just one though I would stick with the weights. I don't really use anything heavier then 10lbs.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Both bands and weights will be useful and help you strengthen yourself.. they work slightly differently on your muscles so will have slightly different effects. If you could get both eventually its best.
  • davidpm
    davidpm Posts: 208 Member
    I use weights for things like bicep curls and the presses for shoulders because they tend to be around the same weight (about 20lbs for me) but for other workouts, I use bands. This lets me move quickly from exercise to exercise without having to adjust my dumbbells.