" C-SECTION and the APRON !!

Options
OK I had my daughter via C-SECTION in 2003.. I have an apron for a belly now.. I have lost 51 LBS.. since May 2011 ( woot woot).. Yes I do crunches and abs, about 5 times a week.. Yes my belly is shrinking but the apron is hanging around.. . My question is does it ever go away, what can I do to speed the process along .. I want my regular belly back :(

Replies

• JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    sounds like we have the same issue. MIne wasn't too bad until i started losing. The only thing i've read is time helps get rid of it. I was also told cardio helps. Good luck!!!
  • Logansmom2011
    Logansmom2011 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump. my son is only 7 months old but I'm worried about that too!
  • Logansmom2011
    Logansmom2011 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    do you drink a lot of water?I've heard that helps a whole lot with the elasticity of your skin and getting it to tighten up
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Sorry to bust your bubble. But most of the time the apron sticks around. Yes, it does get smaller, but it's usually really wrinkled. It just sorta drops down and shrivels. I so wished there was a magic cure other than to have it surgically removed! Congrats on your weight loss! Keep up the great work!

Best Wishes~Rhonda
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I was born with one, or so it seems. :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

At least you guys have beautiful children to show for it. :drinker:
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    p.s. GO STEELERS!!!! LOL
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    p.s. GO STEELERS!!!! LOL

p.s. GO PACK GO !!! LOL
  • BreakinTheChains
    Options
    do you drink a lot of water?I've heard that helps a whole lot with the elasticity of your skin and getting it to tighten up

drinking about 10 8oz glasses if not more a day !!
  • candicole007
    candicole007 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    cardio cardio cardio - also, I have found that Jergen's Firming lotion (or probably any good firming lotion) helps tighten everything up - it's the skin that needs help probably more than what's under it. We stretch ourselves all out for our babies and it makes our skin in that area yuck. I don't have a c-section scar, but I do have a hysterectomy scar, basically the same - and after 2 kids, one of which I gained 60 pounds in less than 3 months with (yes, I have stretch marks all the way up to my boobs - 115 to 175 in 3 months is baaaaad for your skin lol) I feel your pain. But with lots of lotion, and slooooow steady weight loss, if I suck in in a little, I still have a little pouch but it doesn't hang down anymore. hopefully it will eventually go away altogether
  • candicole007
    candicole007 Posts: 120 Member
    Options

And this! I drink about 3 liters of water a day and it has done wonders with my skin and hair all around
  • punkinbeanie
    Options
    I made a similar post a few days ago, i had to (wanted to) get a tummy tuck, i am done having kids and it was a present to me. It looks awsome, i have not had this flat of a belly since high school. dr said i could lose all the weight i wanted but the skin and some loose fat would stay there no matter what i tried
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    A friend suggested neoprene shorts? Haven't tried it yet...
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 c-sections (and 8 lb babies) and I'm now 1 lb away from my pre-pregnancy weight. Unfortunately, the skin is still there. It used to be filled up with fat. Now it's just deflated and wrinkled up. I hate it. I've tried lotions, lots of water, ab exercises. Those probably help, but I'm thinking it's not going away without surgery. I know that's not what you want to hear, but that's my truth. Maybe your truth will be better. I had kids later in life (started at age 32). I hear that younger skin recovers better.
  • BreakinTheChains
    Options

And this! I drink about 3 liters of water a day and it has done wonders with my skin and hair all around

Drink about 10 8oz glasses a day if not more..
  • BreakinTheChains
    Options
    I've had 2 c-sections (and 8 lb babies) and I'm now 1 lb away from my pre-pregnancy weight. Unfortunately, the skin is still there. It used to be filled up with fat. Now it's just deflated and wrinkled up. I hate it. I've tried lotions, lots of water, ab exercises. Those probably help, but I'm thinking it's not going away without surgery. I know that's not what you want to hear, but that's my truth. Maybe your truth will be better. I had kids later in life (started at age 32). I hear that younger skin recovers better.

I had my daughter at 31.. I know exactly what your saying !!
  • drcnestor
    Options

The neoprene shorts seem to be in line with high compression garments which I also recommend there are loads of different kinds find one that works for your budget or try various knock offs of the originals on eBay for cheap then buy the original if the copycat works ..and good luck ...stay optimistic ...damn that apron.. ..if your not cooking it shouldn't be worn ..lol
  • BreakinTheChains
    Options

The neoprene shorts seem to bein line with high compression garments which I also recommend there are loads of different kinds find one that works for your budget or try various knock offs of the originals on eBay for cheap then buy the original iff the copycat works ..and good luck stay optimistic ...damn that apron ..if your not cooking it shouldn't be worn ..lol

That's right when I'm done cooking I want it off !! LOL made me laugh out loud.. Thanks
  • vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat . . I've had 2 c-sections and a hysterectomy . . and the apron is just THERE. I have lost almost 60 pounds but it still just kinda hangs there . . I can grab it and jiggle it. Sorry TMI. I am going to try compression garments myself just to see if it helps and also, maybe I'll give that lotion a try. Unless I suddenly come into a wad of cash, I think a tummy tuck is probably a pipe dream for me. LOL :smile:

Just wanted you to know that I can soooooo relate!!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    My apron is huge. I still have a lot to lose. Never had surgery, just fat. I'm doing it all and hoping for the best. Lotion, losing slow, exercise. Need to do better with water.
  • terribowling
    terribowling Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I would love for you to send me an e-mail. I know what can help you as long as you stick to it and committ yourself. Shoot me a e-mail at terribowling@charter.net. :smile: