Tummy Bulge Fixers

Options
Ok here's my question. I am trying to work on getting rid of the unsightly tummy bulges I have. I have the regular apron from being big and from having a couple of kids (yuck) and then I have these 2 bulges at the TOP of my tummy on either side too....YUCK! What exercises are good for THOSE critters?? Oh and also for the fat bulges you get on your back. I think I'll feel a LOT better about my weight loss if I could see some difference in those areas since they are the ones that I hate the absolute MOST!

Thanks for any advice guys!

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    You cannot lose weight in one spot. You can do exercises that tighten the underlying muscles but need to lose over all weight in order to get rid of the bulges.

Good luck!
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    In my experience that places that I most wanted to show the lose most have been the last to show it, for me it's my thighs and upper arms. I tried mind games, like convincing myself that it was my middle I wanted to lose from and not my thighs and arms.....It didn't work.

Be patient. You're getting healthier and that's the most important thing. It will start showing in time.

Good luck in your journey.
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    you are not alone!! I HATE my multiple stomaches . .having had 3 c sections dosn't help either! They have got a bit better with doing good old sit-ups!

good luck :)
  • amazon0782
    Options
    Focus on sit ups ..
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I am there with you and if you find the secret please share!
  • a1rose
    a1rose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred has worked for A TON of people!!
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    There is a web site randomabs.com that has daily abdominal exercises that is a really good workout and free.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I would try Turbo Jam, my back fat, love handles and tummy is melting off with it, the mountain of fat are becoming dersert dunes :P
    In this Turbo Jam video you twist your whole body and work all your muscles, and it burns soooo many calories and its fun, takes a couple days to become coordinated enough but you would love it and it works so good on your overall body. Plus it has weight training, abs and 4 other workouts on the dvd set, and you can make it as hard or as easy on your body as you want, its only like $15 on amazon+free shipping :D
  • sandislim
    sandislim Posts: 264
    Options
    I have the same problem, it seems like its the last place for weight to come off! It would be nice to look good in a top or dress but no, will just have to keep plodding on. At least my legs look ok ;-)
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i have also been thinking about this i have what i call a top and bottom stomach.. on jullian micheals 30 day shred level 1 she does lots of different crunches and she does what she calls a reverse crunch that is supposed to work on the bottom part... you lift your legs up like 90 angle and lift your booty up.. hope this helps i have been trying to get some in everyday..

good luck
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm not a doctor...

but I was told that the tummy actually has two layers of fat, not only one! Maybe that's why it's such a problem area for so many people.

I also believe you cannot lost the fat in just one area, you have to lose it all over, gradually.
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    A clean diet and cardio will help that. I find when i eat clean I have less of a tummy... gets flat :)
  • avsingleton
    avsingleton Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    lose more weight and keep exercising, it's bound to change. btw have u ever tried 30 sherd? it's actually on netflix, imagine that!
    http://movies.netflix.com/Movie/Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred/70086946?pcrid=7515573084&mqso=80030196&mkwid=s77KMadVP

8450787.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • DarleneMedeiros
    Options
    I have used Chalean Johnson's workouts and find that she focuses on the abs/core throughout most of her workouts. She is motivating and I love listening to her while doing the workouts at the same time. She is a wealth of information. You can find her workout programs at Beachbody.com. If you're interested in any of the programs, message me because I can hook you up with someone that can sell them to you at a fraction of the cost.
  • Superradrudeboy
    Superradrudeboy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Like havingitall states, you cannot lose weight in a specific area. There is no such thing as spot reduction. Everyone has a different body and everyones bodies decides where it wants to store and burn fat. Dieting and general exercise as normal is what you should just keep on doint to achieve your desired results.
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I appreciate all the help, trying to work out what moves are best for what can be a little confusing :)
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You have to lose the weight. Sit ups won't do it. You'll end up with a six pack under a lot of fat. Hard cardio 5-6 days a week is the best thing to do. I know this goes against a lot of what people say, but don't eat back all your calories burned. Eat about 1/2 of it. I stopped eating back my calories and now am losing about 1lb a week.

Get a Heart Rate Monitor (Polar FT4). Monitor how many calories you burn when you exercise. Don't rely on the website to tell you what you burn. For me, the website was about 200 calories off on my work out (showing more calories burned).
  • shipwreck3
    Options
    ITs on Netflix- 30day shred.. OMG really. I check when the kids go to sleep. I love me some Netflix