Best way to get rid of Belly fat???

Options
Ive been having the most prob with fat on my belly..... infact even when i was thinner..... it was my prob area..... i cant seem to figure out the best way to get rid of it....... any suggestions..... :embarassed:

Replies

• DefiningRaquel
    Options
    I dont think spot reducing works at all. You have to loose overall body fat and eventually you will loose the fat on your belly as well :)
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    bump!!!
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Cardio... it really just needs to be burned off. Pilates is good for toning, but as far as getting rid of it, it's usually the last to go and it just takes aerobic exercise and patience.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Cardio... it really just needs to be burned off. Pilates is good for toning, but as far as getting rid of it, it's usually the last to go and it just takes aerobic exercise and patience.
    Yup ^^
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've found for me, that even after I attained my goal, my was body still physically changing because I am eating properly and continuing to exercise. I'm not losing weight, but my body is firming up. My stomach is almost flat and I had a bit of a pooch. I'm guessing as the months go by it'll only get better. Patience is my recommendation. That and continue to exercise and eat right!
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    No idea for the belly fat but to avoid being bloated, peppermint tea, asparagus, and grapefruits are good food to help reduce it, plus water and exercice
  • NianMaya
    NianMaya Posts: 108
    Options
    After gaining weight with my daughter, I kept a 3 month er. It has definitely went down and I contribute it to:

consistent water intake of 8-12 glasses a day
    cardio daily (even walking)
    crunches
    eating healthier
  • janel814
    Options
    Add a core workout into your routine, lots of cardio, drink LOTS of water and change your diet to lower the processed carbs and increase the mono fats. You can't spot fix anything on the body and tummy is usually the last to go or firm up.

Good luck!!
  • SmallerBecky
    Options
    Monounsaturated fats (MUFAs). Cut out the bad fat, sugar, and sodium (limit to 2,300 mg a day) and add back in the MUFAs, which are olives, olive oil, nuts and seeds, avocados, and dark chocolate. It's in the Flat Belly Diet book! :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Ive been having the most prob with fat on my belly..... infact even when i was thinner..... it was my prob area..... i cant seem to figure out the best way to get rid of it....... any suggestions..... :embarassed:
    Consistent calorie deficit, good strength program to retain lean muscle, good cardio program to work heart and burn extra calories. The key word here is CONSISTENCY.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Try Pilates!!! There is all sorts of Pilates but the one I use that focuses mostly on the abs uses a small motility ball. The dvd has mostly floor workouts- different forms of sit ups and other simple exercises that really are a lot funner with the ball! After one use I was sore but after a few weeks I saw a little toning up. It is more of a toning I think and less burning fat but strength training is a big part of losing weight.

Here are the names of a few of the exercises off the DVD:
    the hundred, the saw, the neck pull. Just in case you want to look them up
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Consistent calorie deficit, good strength program to retain lean muscle, good cardio program to work heart and burn extra calories. The key word here is CONSISTENCY.

OP: The above is absolutely excellent advice and I would recommend following it.