food vs. exercise!

Options
I have been stuck at the same weight for the past two weeks, it seems like either I am exercising but eating more (eat most of my exercise calories) or not exercising and eating more along maintenance. So today I want to exercise but feel like it hasn't been helping that much. I know it has though, maybe I'm just making excuses! And I still have all my makeup on from last night and want to go outside for a walk/run but feeling soooo unmotivated at this moment!

Replies

• cheri868
    Options
    I am in the EXACT same spot as you are. Have lost only 1 pound over the last 3 weeks and I have no motivation at all to continue. I am still holding on though, but I feel so lost right now.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Me too! Scale finally moved for mr today and I lost a pound, but the last three weeks have been totally disappointing. I am thinkning that mine is just a long plateau after a hauge loss of 84 pounds? IDK. But I am really hoping that my body has not decided that it is happy at this weight, becasue I know tghat I cartainly am not!
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Get up and lace those sneakers, start walking, 15min into it you forgot you lost you're motivation. You'll win the day, win the day one day at a time. Win for yourself, make yourself the #1 priority.
  • laurapotz
    Options
    Hi psmd

Have you recalculated the amount of calories you need? I have found that for every 2lb I lose I need about 20 calories less. So if you have lost 14lb and not recalculated then your weight loss will slow down. Other thoughts might be that the sort of exercise you are doing might be causing this problem. You might be gaining muscle (which as every girl knows weighs more than fat) or you might have a problem which I have had in the past, that too intensive an exercise regime is leaving you tired and hungry. I have decided to just do lots of brisk walking this time, and it is really good as it burns a noticable amount of calories but actually makes me feel better rather than just knackered!

Laura
  • lgubbels
    lgubbels Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Keep exercising. Building muscle helps you burn your calories faster. You can do it! :)
  • efarester
    efarester Posts: 158
    Options
    I think it takes a while to find what works for you - everyone is different. You have to find that magical combo of nutrition and exercise that works for you. You will likely have to tweak that over time as well. Here is a nice brief article with a couple tips on what to try when you hit a plateau. Hope that helps :) Keep pushing!!

http://www.livestrong.com/article/73012-break-plateau-weight-loss/
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    i was the same i was stuck for about 3-4 weeks n although i want thinking of giving up it did get me down, i am hooked on working out so i just stuck with it and eventually broke my plateau and started loosing again, but i think as i only have 7 lbs left to loose its getting hard again. Just stick with it guys, lots of people say to mix up your exersize (which i did) and zig zag your calories (i didnt do!) and this breaks the plateau. check out the links.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/weight-loss-plateau/
    http://www.mcnewsletters.com/articles/The-Secret-to-Breaking-through-the-Dreaded-Fat-Loss-Plateau.html
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
    hope this is some help.x :bigsmile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Here's a stat: 90% of people who start a weight loss/physical fitness plan GIVE UP in 2-4 weeks. Don't be a statistic. Motivation comes from within, and if you doubt you can do this you've already quit. You really have to want to do this and if that's the case then you'll find a way to motivate yourself. If you don't really want it, you'll find a way to quit. May sound harsh, but I believe in Tough Love and we are adults and not children here.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Step one, just changed into workout clothes (was still in my pj's before! cleaning), step two, boiling some eggs for egg white and drinking to go for a walk in about 20 minutes! Sneakers laced! I will definitely look at that article and also see if I need to readjust my calorie intake.

Thanks!!!
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    happy to say that i just walked/ran 3 miles (c25k week 5 day 2), thanks for the motivation! sometimes external motivation will have to do when you don't have enough internal motivation!