(VSG) Verticle Gastric Sleeve - Any Sleevers out there?

Options

Replies

• EddieGiddens
    EddieGiddens Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the site. Just had my sleeve done 9/6/11. Would love as many friends and as much support as possible so please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • KristeyK
    Options
    Had my sleeve done on August 24th. Down 28lbs so far. (Post op weight loss...lost another 11 on my preop. WOOT!)

Feel free to add me! I need accountability!
  • immeagain
    Options
    Sept 20 is my sleeve date, its also the day I began to live again!! Love to talk with others for support. Figuring everything out right now! Nice to see so many different phases here, will be a help to us all!!
  • RubyG25
    Options
    Hi Everyone-

I had my sleeve done on July 27th and so far I have lost nearly 40 lbs,, I am so very excited about losing all the weight and connecting to all of you.. as we share a similar but very personal journeys..

please share any information, ideas, thoughts as you wish.

Thanks everyone!

Ruby
  • RubyG25
    Options
    Hi~

What kind of PPI are you on?
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Ruby, I prefer Prilosec or the store brand of Prilosec. Although I do admit, I do not take it daily. I really need to remember to take it more often. What are you taking?
  • my_year2011
    my_year2011 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had a VSG on 7/14/11 and have lost 33 lbs since surgery day. I lost 30 lbs. pre-surgery with the Options program at Kaiser, so in total I've lost 63 lbs since March. I love my sleeve! If you're a sleever, I would love some friends on here since I'm new to this site. I mainly started with SparkPeople and have remained consistent in adding my food daily there.
  • angelatinsley89
    Options
    Hello everyone I was sleeved on 8/09/11 I'm down 44.4 lbs love my sleeve just looking to meet others for support!! Have a great Friday!!!

Failure is not an option, Success is inevitable!!
  • jojomoe523
    jojomoe523 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am Joanne. I have been sleeved since 9/19/2011. I am down 42 pounds so far with a hell of a lot to go. I am just looking for support and friends to talk to who understand the surgery that I went through. I have a lot of friends who are familiar with some of the other options and they just don't know what they are talking about. They just want to compare to the bypass.

Anyhow, I hope to make your aquaintance and have a good time here.
    Thanks,

Joanne
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I was sleeved January 19, 2010. There is a group started by a new sleever called VSG Vixens where you can meet other sleevers. It would be great to know where you all are with your weight loss, now!
  • geri1955
    geri1955 Posts: 106
    Options
    Hi All, I didnt have the sleeve but I did have the gastric bypass surgery in March of 2001almost 11 years ago! I lost 114 lbs from the surgery and in the past 4-5 years I put back on 40+ lbs..so It is only a tool and it does NOT work unless you work with it! The sleeve must be a new thing they came out with, I didnt have that option, or I would have probably chosen it instead of major surgery! Good Luck to all of you,just remember it's only a tool, I thought i took the easy way out...trust me it isnt!!! :smile:
  • aimeezingone
    aimeezingone Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Geri1955: The sleeve has been around for almost, but not quite 10 years. I hadn't heard of it either until I started researching different types of WLS. My insurance case manager told me to look into it as a option. It is major surgery. With the VSG, they take out 85% of your stomach.
    I had my VSG WLS Sept.6th, 2011. I'm still learning to work with my sleeve. Learning how your body reacts to the new ways of eating are far from "easy", I agree. I am so glad I decided to have the surgery!
    Congratulations on your weight loss! You look great!! ;)
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    The sleeve has been around for almost, but not quite 10 years.

It IS major surgery.

High - freaking - five!
  • TX_REBEL
    Options
    I was sleeved on 9/6/11 and have lost 43 lbs so far. It is far from easy but so far it is working really well
  • cunnine
    Options
    hi
    First time logging on. Had my surgery 8/2011 I doing great and I've lost 50lbs. best thing that has happened for me. Great to meet others.
  • prettybrownis
    prettybrownis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had VSG on 11/14 and to date have lost 22lbs. I have been stalled at this weight since 2 weeks after surgery. I am not sure what Im doing wrong. I am working out 5 times per week and limiting my carbs to less than 40. I was originally maintaining 1000 calories but am going to drop back to 800 this week to see if that kicks me back into geer. Any recommendations guys??? Im getting so discouraged!!
  • runs4zen
    Options
    I had VSG on 11/14 and to date have lost 22lbs. I have been stalled at this weight since 2 weeks after surgery. I am not sure what Im doing wrong. I am working out 5 times per week and limiting my carbs to less than 40. I was originally maintaining 1000 calories but am going to drop back to 800 this week to see if that kicks me back into geer. Any recommendations guys??? Im getting so discouraged!!

Well, you've lost 22 pounds in a month...so, that's great! I would guess most people don't do that well! I lost 15 the first three weeks after my VSG.

I didn't eat a bunch of carbs the first 6 months and I was eating about 600-800 calories most days. Really though, a chat board isn't a good place to get advice. Your doctor is the one you need to rely on because he/she knows your history, what their instructions were to you, etc.

Also, stalls are hard to predict. I had several over the first 9 months (during which I lost 120ish pounds). Different things broke them.

Don't get discouraged. You'll lose lots some weeks, not so much others but if you're losing 10-15 pounds a month, I'm guessing that's average!
  • runs4zen
    Options
    Hi everybody ! I'm pre-op my surgery date is 19 days away ! 12/05/2011 !!

Did we ever hear how this turned out? I hope well!
  • prettybrownis
    prettybrownis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You want to make sure you are getting enough protein. I find myself feeling hungry- even hearing my tummy growl on those days where my calories are in line but my protein is LOW. I am now supplementing with these awesome and delicious Protein shakes I bought off amazon. They give me 25g of protein and I am def not hungry anymore. Plus Im back to losing weight after a week long stall. YAAAAHOOOOO. .
  • aimeezingone
    aimeezingone Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I hit a stall eatly on as well. Mine lasted a month :(
    Keep with it ---- the loss will start up soon.