Changing nutrition goals

Options
I custom set myself to be at 40/40/20...my weight equaling carbs & protein intake for the day. Then I add my daily calories burned it increases the grams. I suppose this is correct based on calories used/net for the day? The default settings are rediculous, telling me just 47 g of protein a day. I would be a bag of saggy bones in a month. Any one have any thoughts to share on the macro nutrients. I have been watching my food & excercise and just can't seem to drop body fat. I do P90X weight workouts, interval running & yoga. Tried following the P90X diet plan and I saw no change to my body, measurements or weights. I do protein shakes, organic veggies, lean meat/seafood, lower carbs.........I am a post meno 53yr old female. I need to break this plateu! I am willing to do the work !

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Given your exercise, your macros seem fine, though I'm not a professional. Weirdly sometimes if I hit a plateau, giving myself a week off from the more intense workouts, and not being quite so strict with diet helps a little.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I custom set myself to be at 40/40/20...my weight equaling carbs & protein intake for the day. Then I add my daily calories burned it increases the grams. I suppose this is correct based on calories used/net for the day? The default settings are rediculous, telling me just 47 g of protein a day. I would be a bag of saggy bones in a month. Any one have any thoughts to share on the macro nutrients. I have been watching my food & excercise and just can't seem to drop body fat. I do P90X weight workouts, interval running & yoga. Tried following the P90X diet plan and I saw no change to my body, measurements or weights. I do protein shakes, organic veggies, lean meat/seafood, lower carbs.........I am a post meno 53yr old female. I need to break this plateu! I am willing to do the work !

Have you discussed this with your physician? Perhaps there are underlying things going on here, especially post-menopausal... I know my mother ran into things that was giving her hell (my mother is 56) and her doctor was able to help her....
  • LoriB57
    LoriB57 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes, I just did rest week #2 on P90X and I am allowing myself a cheat day/meal once a week too. And I still lost :-)
  • LoriB57
    LoriB57 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Medically there is nothing "wrong", just an old age metabolism slow down...When I was in my 20's & 30's I could eat & drink whatever I wanted & excercised moderatly. I just keep changing my diet and excercise every couple of weeks until I see a change. So far monitoring calories has worked, and eating healthy balanced portions. No denial!!