what stops you from being slim...

Options
for me its the love of food, i used to eat food when i was down plus my grandma spoilt me as a child and from then on food moreover sit food became a habit of mine! i think if we realise why we eat it gives us more motivation to loose weight and the battle is half way there!

so share what stops you from being slim?#?

Replies

• Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    For me its eating at funny times and chosing the wrong things (not any more) I now plan everything Im eating and make sure I stick to it hoping for great results x
  • coullmom
    coullmom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    For me its the lack of motivation to excercise!!! I work all day on my feet and really don't want to exercise when I get home!! I have been doing alot better.....so hopefully!!
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I know this may make me seem like a pathetic freak of nature, but, the thing that stops me is when I start to get unwanted attention from the opposite sex. I'm not even conscious of doing it - I just reach a plateau and stay there until the attention stops, then I go back to losing. Go figure.
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    Alcohol. Not just what you drink, but going to a bar, then ordering chicken wings to go with the pint you got in front of you. If I stay away from the bars, even if I have a beer or so at home after work, I am cooking my own healthy foods and eating right.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I love food, crave food, think about food all the time and lack the self control to NOT eat the things I shouldn't.... I also lack motivation to do the exercise I know I should be doing as often as I should be doing it!
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My love of meat and pizza...now Ive got to do it in moderation but I didnt used to...
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I am my own worst enemy. I love food, yes, but my emotions and negative thoughts are why I am in constant trouble.
  • SchnauzerRVN
    SchnauzerRVN Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    For me its eating at the wrong times, eating too much at night and not much through the day, that and portion sizes. Then there is a lack of motivation to get off my butt and move!! Slowly working on it and seeing results!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Nothing anymore. I am slim.
    Before I was, though, it was my own misery with the choices I had made in my life, the ways I'd let myself down and fell beneath my own expectations. Once I decided to get over that and make the hard choices I needed to make to better myself and live up to my expectations, losing weight wasn't such a big deal.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    for me its the love of food, i used to eat food when i was down plus my grandma spoilt me as a child and from then on food moreover sit food became a habit of mine! i think if we realise why we eat it gives us more motivation to loose weight and the battle is half way there!

so share what stops you from being slim?#?
    You can still be slim and eat the food you love. You just need to know portion control and how to counter with exercise if you want to indulge.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I dont want to be slim. I want to be built and the only thing stopping me is not having heavy enough weights to lift at home.
  • tchat2011
    tchat2011 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    SOCIALIZING ~ over food and drinks
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    This morning I discovered - boredom !!!
  • Lfinch08
    Lfinch08 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think I have always been an emotional eater which works against me.
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Nervous eating. Boredom. loving food hate exercise. Not necessarily in that order. Depends what day it is.
  • rockeraxXx
    Options
    SOCIALIZING ~ over food and drinks

This is one reason! Drinks , drinks and more drinks. Also I love me some Indian food. YUM! Curry anyone?