Toddlers and Tiaras

Options
erin2081
erin2081 Posts: 368 Member
I'm watching this show on Netflix.
I realize people have already acknowledged how bizarre this thing is.....but I just get so sad for those little girls!
I thought it was hard for ME to please my parents.....
I thought it was hard for ME to believe everyone is beautiful in their own WEIGH....
Any thoughts?

Replies

• Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    That show really creeps me out.................not only the Moms who are nutz, but many of the Dads, too.

These children will be scarred for life.............
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I ken eh, how are they not gettin done for child abuse in these things? Hello child labour laws?
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I can't believe some of the things they make those kids do. Bleaching teeth, waxing eyebrows..come on! They're kids! I don't think I have ever seen a kid that *needed* their eyebrows waxed. All I can think is that they are making those kids grow up way too fast & they'll regret it one day...
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I've never watched this before, and now I just can't look away.

it's like a train wreck...............you hate to see it, but you can't help yourself!

I saw that one with the flamboyant father..................he was really iiiiiiiiiccccccckkkky!

And have you noticed that most of the Moms are HUGE? I think they are all living vicariously through their children, wanting to be cute and sparkly and noticed.

It's just sad.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    In my opinion that show is a symptom of a disease that is pandemic in global modern society. It's a disease of superficial vanity that spreads like wild fire, especially within the female population as they are more emotionally attached to their physical appearance. It's the disease that gives rise to fad diets, rapid weight loss, and a multi-billion-dollar weight loss scam industry. Once we have the disease it's almost impossible to beat it, and some of will be included in the fatality statistic. Once inside us this disease attacks our confidence, body image, personality, intellect, and self-esteem. It attacks us from within our own minds and causes us to tear ourselves down, and in mothers who have the disease it sometimes forces them to intentionally attempt to infect their children who have zero immunity to it.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Part of me likes that show lol b/c it makes me look like mom of the year :P....I do feel bad for those little girls though.
  • bariachic
    bariachic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    *hairflip* I didn't have to have a psycho mom or crazy pageants, being fabulous came naturally to me.
  • SCR56
    SCR56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've never watched this before, and now I just can't look away.

it's like a train wreck...............you hate to see it, but you can't help yourself!

I saw that one with the flamboyant father..................he was really iiiiiiiiiccccccckkkky!

And have you noticed that most of the Moms are HUGE? I think they are all living vicariously through their children, wanting to be cute and sparkly and noticed.

It's just sad.

The flamboyant father..... how is he not gay?!?!?! I mean really.

I hate the show, but I love watching it at the same time. I can't believe what some of the mothers do to their kids.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I finally quit watching that show. Seems like it's just gotten worse. I watched a minute or two the other night and changed the channel thinking that show must be a pedophile's best friend. That one and Dance Moms.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Never watched it because I've seen previews and it looks creepy. Not sure how CPS isn't all over those parents.
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    In my opinion that show is a symptom of a disease that is pandemic in global modern society. It's a disease of superficial vanity that spreads like wild fire, especially within the female population as they are more emotionally attached to their physical appearance. It's the disease that gives rise to fad diets, rapid weight loss, and a multi-billion-dollar weight loss scam industry. Once we have the disease it's almost impossible to beat it, and some of will be included in the fatality statistic. Once inside us this disease attacks our confidence, body image, personality, intellect, and self-esteem. It attacks us from within our own minds and causes us to tear ourselves down, and in mothers who have the disease it sometimes forces them to intentionally attempt to infect their children who have zero immunity to it.

Well said ... I couldn't agree more!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I finally quit watching that show. Seems like it's just gotten worse. I watched a minute or two the other night and changed the channel thinking that show must be a pedophile's best friend. That one and Dance Moms.

I know!!! I watched one episode of Dance Moms to see how awful it was, and the moms were mentioning how, "Men kept checking out our daughters because they were so sexy!" :sick: These women are really f*cked up in the head!!!
  • DinoDecoy
    DinoDecoy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My classmates and I have a debate over this almost every other week it seems.
    I'm not one for the show, I understand dress up time, running around being a princess, or pirate.
    But this is taking it too far, especially if the kid is whining that there isn't enough concealer on her face.
    I mean I'm 20 and I don't ever go near concealer, what does a little kid need to conceal?
    x.x;
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    yeah, the mothers can be a bit superfluous with the enthusiam, and most of the little girls are turned into frilly, catty brats by age 5..it's amazing it really is. i watched one episode where a 6 year old was ripping her competition apart..like verbal assault wouldn't even suffice the description..