21 days Til Halloween Challenge-- Please Join

Options
1st 18 people to sign up posting all the information required below will be featured in the challenge.

Please be sure to read this post in it's entirety before entering the challenge!

Rules:
1. You must log in to MFP everyday for 21 days to remain a part of this challenge. As soon as you miss one day you are disqualified.
2. Your diary must be set to public for the duration of this challenge (I will explain why in a bit). If you don't feel comfortable doing that don't join (sorry).
3. You must be ready to work hard to win this challenge. I don't like slackers :).
4. The WINNER of this challenge will receive a $25 gift card from me sent by mail!
5. Please be honest and open.
6. The challenge will begin tomorrow and sign-ups are today.
7. I will track everything in a google document!
8. I will add people who are in the challenge as friends.

How this challenge works:

This challenge has several components that will test your ability to set hard yet realistic goals. For the challenge you must post a desired end weight and weekly target pounds lost. So if you want to lose 5 lbs in 3 weeks you must also delineate: wk1=1.5 lbs loss; wk2= 1.5 lbs loss; wk3=2 lbs loss. Each contestant will be assigned 0 or 5 points for meeting their weekly goals. Weigh ins are on Sunday to encourage clean eating on the weekend :).
In addition to the weekly weight goal, you must set 1 goal you want to hit everyday for each of the three weeks (this cannot be a weight loss goal.) So for example, wk1= drink one gallon of water everyday; wk2= workout everyday; wk3= eat no sweets. I will check the diaries of ALL participants every night to see if you hit your goal. Each participant will be assigned a score of 0 (fail) or 1 (achieved). I will post the updated spreadsheet every OTHER day. Again, if you do not log you are disqualified.
The winner of this challenge will be the person who has amassed the most points. The most points you can win during this challenge is 46 points. Points are attained from:
1. Hitting your weekly weight loss goal on Sunday (0 or 5 points)
2. Hitting your daily goal (0 or 1 points)
3. Hitting your overall weight loss goal on Monday October 31st

What I need:
1. Start weight
2. Goal weight
3. Weekly weight loss goals ( wk1=x; wk2=y; wk3=z)
4. Daily goal that is not weight related (wk1=x; wk2=y; wk3=z)
5. Set your diary to public and log everything

Reccommended:
1. Body measurements ( arms, waist; hips; thighs; butt)
2. Body fat percentage
3. Before pictures!

Get ready to rumble!!

Here are my goals:
1. Current weight: 126 lbs
2. Goal weight: 121
3. Wk1= 2 lbs loss; wk2= 1.5; wk3= 1.5
4. Wk1= no sweets including gum; wk2= gallon water everyday; wk3= workout everyday

****I did this on my iPhone. Sorry for the poor grammar and formatting :)****

Replies

• mazzmoo
    mazzmoo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I would love to but I left my digital scales at home and only have some unacurate analog scales at uni :/
    Sorry
  • chan_is_i
    chan_is_i Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I want to enter this challenge! Do I just give you my stats tomorrow?
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    1. 240
    2. 234
    3. Week1= 2lbs | Week2= 2lbs | Week3= 2lbs
    4. Week1= 6 Glasses of water daily | Week2= 60 Mins of cardio daily | Week3= Stay within my calories each day

edit: eh, is this all Im supposed to post? :p
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I would like to sign up for this challenge. I've recenlty started working out again, very recenlty.

1. 176lbs

2. 130lbs

3. wk1=1.5
    wk2=1.5
    w3k=2

4. wk1= no sweets at all
    wk2= no sweets + drink more than 64oz of water
    wk3= no sweets + drink more than 64 oz of water and workout everyday
  • brooke4fitness
    brooke4fitness Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'll do it - I need the extra push!

1. Current weight:137.6
    2. Goal weight for 10/31 (my twins b-day!): 135
    3. Weekly weight loss goals: w1= 1pd, w2= .6 pd, w3= 1 pd
    4. Daily goal: w1= drink 8 cups water, w2= workout every day, w3= no junk food, everything is healthy
    5. I'll make sure diary is public - I do log everything
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Alison. Id love to join; I think it will motivate me for October! Heres my info:

Start weight: 187.8
    Goal weight: 181.8
    Weekly weight loss: Wk 1= 2 pounds; Wk 2= 2 pounds; Wk 3= 2 pounds
    Weekly goals: Wk 1= No fastfood (incl. Subway). Wk 2= Do stairs for at least 24 minutes nightly. Wk 3= drink 10 cups of water daily.

Cant wait to start!
  • lolomichelle13
    lolomichelle13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    1. Start weight: 160
    2. Goal weight: 156
    3. Weekly weight loss goals ( wk1=x; wk2=y; wk3=z) -- wk1 = 1, wk2 = 2, wk3 = 1
    4. Daily goal that is not weight related (wk1=x; wk2=y; wk3=z) -- wk1 = keep under my sodium every day, wk2= log at least 60 minutes of exercise every day, wk3 = drink at least 8 glasses of water every day
  • gcineas
    gcineas Posts: 121
    Options
    I want to enter this challenge! Do I just give you my stats tomorrow?

Send them now!!
  • gcineas
    Options
    1. 240
    2. 234
    3. Week1= 2lbs | Week2= 2lbs | Week3= 2lbs
    4. Week1= 6 Glasses of water daily | Week2= 60 Mins of cardio daily | Week3= Stay within my calories each day

edit: eh, is this all Im supposed to post? :p

Yup that's all!! Thanks
  • HealthyWayorNoWay
    HealthyWayorNoWay Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    1. Current weight:119.0
    2. Goal weight for 10/31 (my twins b-day!): 1114.0
    3. Weekly weight loss goals: w1= 1lb, w2= .1lb , w3= 1lb
    4. Daily goal: w1= Workout everyday for 60+mins, w2= Drink 2 Liters of water , w3= Eat lots of fruits and veggies!
  • savismommy
    Options
    Here's mine! I posted on the other topic (there was two posted by you?) and wasn't sure if it was seen!

SW : 232.2
    GW : 222

WEIGHT GOALS ::
    WK1 = 3 | WK2 = 3.5 | WK3 = 3.5

OTHER GOALS ::
    WK1 = work out | WK2 = no sweets | WK3 = 30 minute walk
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I set my diary to public. I have a question for you though I've never participated in a challenge before and I was wondering where we will be posting our weigh-ins and weekly goals. Are we writing those in the note section of our food diary or our exercise diary? :smile:
  • I WANT TO JOIN
  • gcineas
    Options
    Bump!!! I need more people for the challenge!!!!
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Very well thought out challenge!

1. 176.6
    2. 172
    3. 1.5 pounds a week
    4. Week#1: stay under 2000mg sodium, Week#2: 15 glasses of water, Week#3: exercise daily
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely wellthought out! Theres still room for more, right? Where do we post things? Here?
  • lolomichelle13
    lolomichelle13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Day 1 and I stayed way under my sodium... at least way under for what I am used to... suppose it's not so hard if I stick to the right foods!!
  • HealthyWayorNoWay
    HealthyWayorNoWay Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    1. Current weight:119.0110
    2.)goal weight 110.0
    3. Weekly weight loss goals: w1= 1lb, w2= .1lb , w3= 1lb
    4. Daily goal: w1=Drink 2 Liters of water , w2= work out for 30mins , w3= Eat lots of fruits and veggies!
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I know you said you would be creating a spread sheet, and it would be updated every other day. Does that mean we get to see it today? I'm just wondering, not pestering :)