DO YOU WEIGH YOURSELF DAILY?

Options

Replies

• debgcook
    Options
    I do cuz it helps me stay on track but I record it every Sat.
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    nope...once a week - same day - same time!
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I have been weighing everyday for a while but I'm going to stop. I started weight training and taking cardio classes at the gym and my weight seriously went wacky. I actually gained 4 pounds the first week. I felt extremely depressed and felt like punching the wall until I weighed myself at the end of that same week and found a 2 pound weight loss. I jumped up and down at that point but that roller coaster is too much for me. 1 or 2 times a week is max for me now. I put the darn scale in the closet until its time.
    Doug
  • geohow11
    geohow11 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I do but only record once a week

5854290.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • harriet_tubman
    Options
    i used to and it's all good when you're losing at a fast rate, but once it slows down all the weighing got frustrating for me. i stopped weighing myself and just go by how my clothes fit. i purposely saved a pair of jeans that are one size too big so i can check to make sure they're still too big every few weeks or so...
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    <~~~Total scale *kitten*... :blushing:
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I used to (get me- I've only changed this routine in the last 10 days!). But as has been said, I found it mentally draining. Not so much the berating myself when I'd 'gained', but from analysing every single fluctuation- oh that's water weight, that'll be sodium, that's cos I worked out hard & my body's repairing muscles, that's because I drank a lot and my liver's too busy expelling the toxins to work on anything else....I can actually feel myself getting tense just typing these!

So I've decided to just go once a week, whatever the scales say, that's what I log. It has been the nicest week I've had on MFP. Truly. I would have liked to go once a month, but I'm doing Turbo Fire, and enjoy logging my weight / measurements once a week. Maybe if that novelty wears off...

I'd say each to their own, if you find yourself obsessing like I've detailed, maybe a change is worth looking at!
  • CMadison52
    Options
    My opinion is that weighing yourself daily is a bit depressing and can affect your diet/exercise plan if you are not achieving the goals that you have set for yourself. I personally weigh myself once a week. I have just resubscribed to MyFitnessPal, so hopefully I will stick to it this time :-)
  • lheintzelman
    Options
    I too weigh myself daily but only record on Mondays.
  • carey1932
    carey1932 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning & record when I see a new lower weight, no matter what day of the week it is.
  • aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I weigh most days but record once a week on a Thursday - just because I started on a Thursday :-) Amazing how much it can vary!
  • sweebeesmom
    Options
    Everyday and I record it everyday. I like to know how what I eat effects how much I weigh, and I don't obsess over the number.. but I like to know :)
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    No. It depresses me because of water weight fluctuations. I do it every Friday in the morning.
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    no way.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    No. It depresses me because of water weight fluctuations. I do it every Friday in the morning.
  • misskarlee
    misskarlee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I try hard not too but sometimes I can't help it, I like to make sure I'm on the right track!! But at the moment I'm trying not too, and haven't weighed myself since Wednesday.. I hate not knowing if I'm losing weight or not but I'll soon find out when this wednesday comes! Lol x
  • melmarie4
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. i like to track the progress even if it's a small amount. keeps me motivated!
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Yep. Every day. For me it is a motivator.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I do, but I only record when I lose. It helps me stay focused and on track.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I do! And I record it when ever there is any loss.. even 2 oz. Cause every little bit that I lose means "I already did that"-I won't be losing it again! :)