Hi I am also new here.

Options
My husband just learned he is diabetic. I found this site to help us with controlling our sugar and carbs. So far I love it here. Any suggestions on deabetic menu's, please feel free to post. Thanks.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• bfzalvj
    bfzalvj Posts: 3
    Options
    My husband just learned he is diabetic. I found this site to help us with controlling our sugar and carbs. So far I love it here. Any suggestions on deabetic menu's, please feel free to post. Thanks.:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    My dad is type 2 diabetic & that's one of the main reasons I'm here. Trying to avoid that like the plague! Good luck to you & your husband! :flowerforyou:
  • bfzalvj
    bfzalvj Posts: 3
    Options
    My Husband is also Type 2. We are just learning about all this stuff. :smooched: The toughest part for him is to cut down on his bread intake and drink more water. :drinker: Good luck to you and your dad.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    My Husband is also Type 2. We are just learning about all this stuff. :smooched: The toughest part for him is to cut down on his bread intake and drink more water. :drinker: Good luck to you and your dad.

My dad's least favorite part in the beginning was measuring everything to figure out what was an "appropriate" size of potato, bread, etc... Hang in there. Keeping him as healthy as possible is SO important. My dad managed his with pills & diet alone for 12 years & just recently had to start taking insulin.

Are you working with a nurtritionist?