I really need some encouragement right now

Options
I started a small journey two years ago and I just weighed myself after a long summer break... I have gained 12 pounds and two inches all around my body... I was four pounds away from my goal a month ago.... I don't know what happened...

Replies

• dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    That's why they call it a weight loss journey. Sometimes you get side tracked. Get back on the horse and ride it to your goal and don't quit! You CAN do it. Friend me if you'd like.
    Doug
  • sjaudio
    sjaudio Posts: 52
    Options
    We all have setbacks from time to time. Some of them take us back to square one (or worse), just take a deep breath and begin again. For those of us not blessed with speedy metabolisms, loosing weight and getting in shape really does take a change in lifestyle, not a temporary diet. If you choose to look at your path ahead as a path for life instead of just a path to lose pounds, perhaps you will find things easier. Best of luck.
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to the horse, jump back on and start the ride all over again. My guess is that summer was a little more indulgent than you realised. Without mfp in your subconscious its easy to let it go.

Some of it will be water weight, you'll probably lose it again quite quikly but a least you came back and you know what to do! :) x
  • alc917
    alc917 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to offer some encouragement. I am in a very similar place as you are. Today I started a diet...again. I have been a member of myfitnesspal for about two years now, but I decided to make a new account today.

For me, I want to forget about the past. I want to forget about every time before today that I started to try to get control over my fitness, because every other time I failed. This time isn't like any of those other times. This time I will succeed.

You can't worry about what happened before, but deal with the right now. Right now you are at a certain place. This is your only option for a starting point so start devising a plan to go forward. You can do this!

Good luck! I hope this gave you at least a little encouragement!
  • cheri868
    Options
    The EXACT same thing happened to me last year. I was 4 pounds away form my goal last year and threw it all away. NOw I am back to where I began last year and fighting to stay motivated to begin this journey ALL OVER AGAIN!!! I am so tired of my weight going up and down it is not even funny
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    MFP is a lifestyle change over time. Setbacks are ok. You have gotten back on the horse and have us to help support and encourage you! The weight should come right off. Good luck on your new and improved journey and friend me if you want!
  • mazzmoo
    mazzmoo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am terrified that this is going to happen to me too. But don't worry sometimes we get put down or even put ourselves down, in the end this will make us stronger and the target so much more meaningful when It's reached.
    Chin up sweet :)
    You are doing this for yourself remember and the fact that you have come back is an achievment in itself.
    Good luck, we all get side tracked along the way at some point
    x