Cabbage

Options
I just bought some cabbage and I'm not sure what to do with it!

Do any of you have any good cabbage recipes?

Merci!

Replies

• sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I chop it up throw some olive oil and salt on it and bake it in the oven. Wonderful! Can also add chopped up chicken to it!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Cut it in 1/4 inch (give or take) and put in pan sprayed with Pam and just "saute" - may need to add a little water - cook till tender. Cabbage is a staple in my house - LOVE IT!!!
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I make cabbage rolls.. I take the cabbage and steam it peel the leaves off.. You have to repeat this process quite a few times.. Then after the cabbage is all peeled off ..I take fresh tomatoes or can whole tomato.. I peel the skin off fresh.. I heat that in a frying pan until its mushy like marinara sauce add a little paste or tom sauce if want to thicken add mushrooms spice to taste .. I fry up ground turkey mix with sauce... I then make rolls with the cabbage leaves with mixture . set the roll in the extra sauce and simmer for 2 hours on the stove, can also use a crock pot.. YUMMY
  • hbkanumalla
    hbkanumalla Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite meals to make with cabbage is a polish dish called haluski. It's sauteed cabbage and onions mixed in with egg noodles. Yum!
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Just had cabbage a few nights ago!

I take a kiebalsa sausage and chop it into rounds and brown it in a stock pan, add the cabbage after I chop it into chunks and chop up a few red potatoes, an onion add that, then add some salt, pepper and fresh garlic and let all of that cook on medium for a bit. The cabbage makes it's own liquid so no need to even add water. It is super yummy!
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    Quick and simple is coleslaw
    Or sauté it in a little butter and garlic, add mushrooms, bacon and use it to top a baked potato, sprinkle a little cheese on top of it all then grill the cheese
  • caterpillar2Butterfly
    Options
    bump
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I agree with the EVOO and salt but I stirfry and steam it in a frying pan and its amazing!
  • shetravels15
    Options
    Thank you, everyone!
  • lle56
    lle56 Posts: 8
    Options
    shredded fine with ground turkey to make an awesome Indian dish.........message me if you want the recipe!