New mom & new to all of you! :)

Options
Hey guys! I wanted to do a little intro and say hello to everyone :) I'm a brand new mom (Had my first baby girl 8 days ago!) & I'm ready to start eating for one again & put a dent into my 60 lb pregnancy gain, PLUS lose a few more lbs. for my general health overall. (I've actually lost around 30 lbs since I left the hospital already!.. tons of fluid lol) I'm doing this with the help of my hubby (kenmcg) who is a wonderful motivator & a weight loss success himself! I'm really looking forward to this & also learning about this community :) Thanks for reading!

Replies

• cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    woohoo! best of luck to you. I had my baby girl 15months ago and was able to lose ALL my 48lbs of baby weight PLUS an additional 20lbs :))) you can do it!!
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a fairly new mom too, my son is 6 months old. Feel free to friend me if you'd like.
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My baby girl just turned one. I was very sick and had gallbladder surgery about three months after having her. So, I am just getting around to losing all the weight. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    as a mom of 6...just rember to not go crazy with diet and exercise right now...you are still recovering from the delivery. Your stomah needs time to shrink. Just start by eating healthy and making sure you can get some sleep:) Keep low calorie sncks and even protein shakes in your house so if you don't have time to eat, you can grab something healthy. Even keep some frozen diet dinners in freezer...( I know, i know they aren't the best for you, but it is better than eating a box full of oreos)

It took you 9 months to get big, and will take time to get back...but you can do it....

Now go take a nap while you can :)
  • Karen_145
    Options
    Congrats on your daughter! Mine just turned 13 months old. Feel free to friend me as well.

If you're nursing I'd go easy on the dieting (at least until the little one is eating some solids). You might want to speak with your doctor or lactation consultant first just to make sure you're getting enough calories a day. Don't quote me but I think you need to be eating 1800 calories on average. Also, I know you hear that breastfeeding helps you shed pounds faster, but I haven't met anyone yet where this was the case. A lot of women seem to lose more weight once they stop. Nursing requires more calories, but it probably makes your body hang onto what it has more too.

You might also find that you'll forget to eat meals once you have kids. Don't forget that you still need to feed yourself!

You can totally start exercising though, and that should at least help you get more toned and healthy.

Welcome to the community. :)
  • mindyrenee81
    mindyrenee81 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Aww! Congratulations on your baby girl!! Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • mandynichole88
    Options
    Thanks SO much for the responses! And I definately appreciate the advice :)