30 Day Shred

Options
I just ordered 30 day shred .. who else has the DVD and what are your thoughts on it ?

Replies

• MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I've got it. I just started my second round. It's awesome!
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    have it- love it! great addition to your exercise dvds- good luck and each level is challenging-perfect!
  • Jaidean
    Options
    I love it!
  • tinkerbellforde
    Options
    I have it and never really use it... I guess i better dust it off. I keep hearing great things about it
  • khern10
    khern10 Posts: 24
    Options
    Just started using it again. I'm on day 4. Still have to do it tonight after I put my kids down.
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I hear and read that it's terrible on your knees
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT!!! Have not been dropping pounds so I decided to see if toning would show some kind of progress. I dropped about 2 inches and I am still on the first go around. Still on level 1 because of the changing of the weather cold. I also started the Shred It with weights. use a 5 or 10 pd kettlebell. Fabulous.
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I hear and read that it's terrible on your knees

That's interesting. I just got it (did it for the second time today) and find it's really bothering my knees. But I have a really bad ankle (can only flex it about 50% due to a really bad injury) so that side of my body is seriously compromised. :angry:
  • momwithacamera
    momwithacamera Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I completed it in 30 days on a challenge on here, and en went back and did each level 5 additional days, and I love it! I am now doing another Jilian dvd, Ripped in 30, which is really good too! I was really concerned about my knees when I started, and they did hurt some during the shred, but I was fine. she stresses good form, and I think looking back that my quads were so weak that it made my knees have to take more impact. So, the way I figure it, it woud have done MUCH more damage to my knees to not do the shred, since I was putting all that weight on them and my legs were so weak just in my daily life! 100 days and 1.5 shreds + 1.5 ripped in 30s later, my knees so longer hurt and I have lost 20 pounds, and I am MUCH stronger and leaner than before, so it was a great thing!

Search for 30ds or 30 day shred and you will find lots of threads and lots of pictures of people 's before and after shots, it is amazing!

good luck!
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    i like the 30 day shred. i'm finally able to do a real pushup now because of it. these are my other thoughts:

the "advanced" assistant totally cheats
    in level 3, when it feels like you are doing mountain climbers FORRRREVER, you really are. you do them for almost 50 seconds in that first circuit, when it's supposed to just be 30.
    in level 2, jillian messed up her shoulder stretch by turning her head the wrong way

you start to notice these things after doing the 30 day shred for like 4 months :P
  • cmlott
    cmlott Posts: 1
    Options
    I just ordered it on netflix to check it out. Everyone on MFP seems to like it. I'm getting excited to try it. Just hope it's not too intense for this fat kid :) I tried p90x with my husband- it turned into p-20 minutes and I think I'm going to die!
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I only have 4 days (3 after tonight) and I can't wait to be done with it.

I feel it has helped with toning but I hate it and I can't stand the comments she makes. (Mute her!)

I feel I have come this far and am not a quitter so, I will finish but, ugh.