Recommiting myself...

Options
After putting 7 of the 30 lbs I lost back on... I am getting back on the horse. Today I am at 175... 25 lbs to go to my goal.
Problem is, and I know lots of people have this problem, I have no time. Seriously.
I own a cafe and I am at work from 5a.m. to 4:30p.m. 5-6 days per week. Sometimes 7 days. At 4:30 I pick up my 2 year old from daycare and I hate the idea of losing any of my time with her to exercise or cook or take care of my own needs. She goes to bed by 9:00, but then I am so exhausted I usually crash by 9:30.
During my 12 hour work days, I often forget to eat and then shove a croissant in my face because I am about to pass out from hunger. My job is extremely stressful and while some people lose weight when stressed, I gain it. Ugh!

Any suggestions to make my life easier and make this work for me?

Replies

• sweetyJ
    sweetyJ Posts: 25
    Options
    I know how you feel. My job was stressful like yours, and like you, when I stress, I eat and gain. Often the binge eating after hours of starvation definitely didn't help. Perhaps finding moderation in exercising, instead of daily, maybe twice a week on the weekends while taking your daughter on a stroll? This way, you still have some time to spend with your daughter. =) Hope that helps! All the best
  • captawesome
    captawesome Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My 2 cents:

Take your daughter to the playground when you pick her up (walk there) and run around with her for a while or the beach depending on where you live and the climate. Kids are a great source of exercise like that. Instead of rushing to the croissants, grab a wholemeal sandwich or quickly throw together a salad. You may be able to invest in some small ankle and wrist weights that can help with your toning while you're on your feet too.

Good luck and well done for getting back on the wagon :)
  • MuseumOfAsh
    Options
    Take your daughter on walks. I have the most fun taking a walk when I'm with my nephew. 2 is pretty young to walk any long distance, so put her in a stroller. It's good quality time, it gives you a chance to exercise, and it's a great way to help her learn as you point out things like trees and birds and talk about the things you see on your walk.