Introducing myself

Options
I am just saying hello and introducing myself, as the "Introduce Yourself" blog asks! :)

I tried weight watchers in high school, and it did not work for me. I have not been able to lose weight all the ten years I've been trying (since I was 12). I have been tested for thyroid issues, hypoglycemia, diabetes, etc. anything that could be putting/keeping weight on me. Every time the doctor tells me the same thing, "there's nothing wrong, it's just your body type."

I wish all of you the best of luck with your weight loss/gain/maintenance goals and fitness goals!

Replies

• ShellBell4281
    ShellBell4281 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Keep trying! I'm sure that if you keep at it, you'll find something that works for you. Welcome! I'm new here as well.
  • ianfoster
    Options
    you can do it, stick at it, use us as motivation!
  • ginabina13
    Options
    OMG...you sound like me, but I've been trying longer. I started trying to lose weight around 12 years old too! I was tested for all that stuff so many times I lost count...surprisingly I did develop a thyroid problem in my 30s. You've come to the right place for motivation and support....don't give up! Stick with MFP and you'll meet all your fitness and weight-loss goals! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am just saying hello and introducing myself, as the "Introduce Yourself" blog asks! :)

I tried weight watchers in high school, and it did not work for me. I have not been able to lose weight all the ten years I've been trying (since I was 12). I have been tested for thyroid issues, hypoglycemia, diabetes, etc. anything that could be putting/keeping weight on me. Every time the doctor tells me the same thing, "there's nothing wrong, it's just your body type."

I guess I'm going to have to keep trying and lose weight on my own.

I wish all of you the best of luck with your weight loss/gain/maintenance goals and fitness goals!
    Back atcha! I'm sure you'll find the site very valuable and addicting!
  • 4genieb
    Options
    Perseverance always wins ! slow and steady will win the race- pat yourself on the back for keeping on. This is a great website and if you commit to write what you bite- you will see your eating patterns emerge.

Welcome all new members.
  • slickracer
    Options
    "I guess I'm going to have to keep trying and lose weight on my own."

Use the community here to help. That is what this site is all about.