For All The Oldtimers

I am 61-years-old and was 5'1" and weighed 232 pounds. I am 93 pounds lighter now. It has taken a lot of hard work and a total lifestyle change to get to where I am at today. I haven't reached my goal yet, but I WILL. It is hard to share these "Before" pictures, but I want everyone to know it CAN be done, especially my fellow seniors. There was no magic, no surgery. I made a lifestyle change and a commitment to be the best I can be.

Before.jpg
001.jpg
020.jpg
61stBirthdayPicture.jpg

Thank you to all my pals here on MFP for encouraging me on this last leg of my journey.

Replies

• sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    You're AWESOME! You look great!
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    You look amazing! Fantastic work!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Dang!!!!

Not only do you look so much slimmer, but so much younger.

You are truely an inspiration to young and "not so" young...

thanks for sharing... JB
  • AuntSissy152
    AuntSissy152 Posts: 27 Member
    Absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I still have thunder thighs, but the thunder is smaller. Hee! Hee!
  • texasmagz
    texasmagz Posts: 35 Member
    An amazing transformation! I love how you look happier during the progression. Keep up the great work and you'll be there in no time. :))
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Wow! Knocked 15 / 20 years off! Great Job!!! :flowerforyou:
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    WOW, congratulations "granny" You look amazing and alot much yournger and happy. You seriously look like you're in your 40's. Keep up the good work.
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    You look fantastic! You look younger too:happy:
  • manjingirl
    manjingirl Posts: 188 Member
    Cannot believe you are 61! Awesome achievement.
  • Wow!!! You look so much younger! You're gorgeous!! What an inspiration you are!! Thanks for posting, even though you DID call me an "old fogey" HA HA!!! :laugh:
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Your after smile says it all! Congrats and thanks for sharing!
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    wonderful results :-) thanks for sharing your loss pics XOXOX:smile::flowerforyou:
  • thanks for being brave and showing us : )
    you are an awesome woman!
  • Cathy92
    Cathy92 Posts: 312 Member
    Congratulations, you look so cute! No Granny look there!
  • momcindy
    momcindy Posts: 194 Member
    Definitely gives me hope as I turn 55 in a few months. Every day I deal with doubts that I can succeed at my age so your story is one I need to hear.
  • You look fabulous. I have to share your story with the seniors I work with. We are doing a 12 week walking program!
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Dang! that is awesome! you look fantabulous.

Well done.
  • jennykcmo
    jennykcmo Posts: 101 Member
    You look fabulous!!! Way to go! I will have to share your post with my mom. She's 63 and started MFP, she's trying to get back on track w/it now. Thanks for sharing!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    You look amazing!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!