Soaring Sirens - Flying the World - CLOSED GROUP

Options

Replies

• nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Map has been reupdated - looks like we are either tied for 5th or in 6th. Still, not a bad start at all!
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    Hey AmberL and Amber B - looks like the Flying Evil Monkeys are currently right behind us - remember them?
  • amber_bamber
    amber_bamber Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    The monkeys are different from the row the world game. The flying violators have some of the same from the row the world though.
  • amber_bamber
    Options
    Are we going to have special days for this one like we had for the row the world?
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    Just got the update from Lee - Thursday is Attack day! We get to pick a team to attack and the captain has to send us the highest miles burned for that day (the team being attacked also gets to count that person in their total for the day).

We are currently in 6th place. This is out of 21 teams, so we are in the top 3rd!! For Thursday - I am thinking of attacking Team Lighter Than Air - they are in second and have some huge burns. Thoughts? I figure everyone will attack Fighter Flight, who are so far out in front I don't see how anyone will catch them, and they may lower their burns that day. Then again, maybe not as they wondered if they can attack their own team! We could also go for Lee's team - Rorosaw is on there, and if you were a BB Buc, you know her burns! Former captain Amber, advice?
  • amber_bamber
    Options
    For the Row the world Lee put a stipulation saying you had to attack someone in front of you (if I remember right) so we had to get the first place team or second place team. On the few times that we didn't have that we would go for another team. The FEM for row the world would not get as big of burns on those days. I know that row row gets good burns, the flying violators have some members that I know give big burns. If you attack early enough in the day then the team will have a chance to announce to their members that they have been attacked, and will have the chance to adjust their burns. So my suggestion would be to attack later in the day.
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Very interesting! I have no idea what the best strategy would be since I was not in the row the world challenge and not too sure how it all works. But it sounds like you both have some great ideas already.
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    ok i may be a dumb monday morning person but how does attack thursday work?
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    This is how attack Thursday works. We pick a team to attack - it can be any team except our own, and a team can be attacked more than once. I send a message to that team's captain telling them we are attacking them. The captain then has to send me the highest calorie burn from the team for that day, and we get to add that number to our total for Thursday. The attacked team also gets to count that person's numbers, so they don't lose anything.
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    aah i get it now, hope we pick a good one, or does everyone take it easy on thursdays lol
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    So, ten days are done of this game. We have flown a total of 11,214.5 miles!! Everyone is working hard, everyone is really supportive of each other, and we have stayed in the top third of the teams so far. It's hard to tell exactly where teams are, because not everyone updates their mileage daily. I do update ours everyday before I go to bed, and if I don't have someone's calories for the day (many of us are in different time zones) I just add it to the next day's total. Amber_bamber and Liz are our top 2 burners - each burning over 9000 freaking calories in the first 10 days! (they are actually only 240 calories apart!) Keep working hard girls (unless it's your rest day, of course!) I'll update you about attack day after that happens. And Bubbles, (what is your actual first name, anyway - yours is the only one I don't know! - if you want to share) - yes, I have wondered if people would take it easy on Thursday - we'll find out soon. Have a great week!

If anyone wants to know their total calories burned so far, let me know and I will PM it to you.
  • BeachGurl815
    Options
    Thanks for the update Nancy and great job ladies! I am impressed and super motivated! :flowerforyou:
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    Map is updated - we appear to be in 5th right now. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place teams look like they are right on top of each other.
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    glad we are all doing so well, I'm Karen
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    Hey girls! Another 1,079 miles in today & that's not counting Amber_bamber and SailingSal - they both have major school things due later this week and warned me I might not hear from them. Grand total to date = 13,531 miles!! Way to fly!! We are poised to attack tomorrow! Who will it be? Find out here later!! And hey, bubblesburst80 - nice to "meet" you, Karen!
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    Map has just been updated. We are now in 8th place. There are some teams that don't submit every day, so it's hard to always tell where everyone is. First place is Fighter Flight, and they are WAY out in front and is 80% done. Although we are in 8th, the teams in 2nd to 6th look to be very close to each other on the map, and we are not far behind them.

This is the link to the latest map:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204655860575059420912.0004abdf0de2eadf90575&msa=0&ll=30.221102,53.349609&spn=43.671318,79.013672

We attacked Team Lighter than Air, the 2nd place team. I just heard from their captain and the highest burn (which we get to add to our total today) was 1719 calories!

This game will be over before we know it. We do keep reporting our calories burned/miles until we cross the finish line. Lee posted an update, and said that he is not running a November game, but is planning a Christmas themed one, so if anyone is interested in rejoining for that, let me know, because I definitely want to do it!!

Keep on burning calories ladies! I am psyched to recheck my measurements when this is over, because many of my clothes are feeling looser!!
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    Hey Sirens - we were just attacked!! By Nightwing - the person going it solo.
  • BeachGurl815
    Options
    Nancy, I just wanted to say you are doing a GREAT job as our team captain! Good call on attacking team Lighter than air! That is a huge amount of calories added to ours. I hope it helps.
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    Thanks, Kim! I'm having fun with it! We submitted 1,525.25 miles for yesterday. That was our 3rd highest day! I did not hear from 2 of our teammates yesterday, so if I hear of any more miles I will add them in to the next day's total.

Our total miles flown so far is 15,056.75. I saw on someone's ticker that it takes 30,000 miles to go around the world in this game, which puts us just past halfway! Way to fly girls! I am taking it easy today - the top of my foot is bothering me somewhat, but I plan on burning it up this weekend!! Happy Friday all!

Oh, and happy birthday to our birthday girls this week - Sarah and Liz!!
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    We appear to be in 7th on the updated map. The first place team is almost done. It doesn't look like 2nd will be caught up to, maybe 3rd, but 4th through 8th seem to be right on top of each other so we could probably still move up. We are doing awesome - top 3rd of the teams!