Have to be 13lbs lighter by NEW YEAR!

Options
Hello, during last year I gained 16 lbs. I always was eating healthy and exercising, however new job, stress, and lack of routine contributed to my weight gain. I tried lots of diets, however as we all know Rapid weight lost resulted in rapid weight gain :( For a week now I was trying to count calories and been good so far. i found this website and it seemed interesting and that would help me to achieve my goal. I never had to loose more then 5lbs, so it is really a challenge for me and i realized that with age to loose weight is much harder :(

Replies

• shannontay
    shannontay Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    it is indeed much harder the older we get, but still possible. I think that 13 pounds in the next 2 and 1/2 months is a reasonable goal. for me, sticking to around 1200-1300 calories a day and exercising for about an hour a day did the trick - and I'm 41 :)
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    It will definately be easier when you're 27 than when you are 47 or 57!
  • prettygirmel
    Options
    I find by posting what I eat each meal, and recording my excerisem it helps me stay on tract. I am averaging a pound a week loss, so you to can accomplish your goal. Good luck.
  • jilers
    jilers Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have found that the scale does not always register weight loss (or gain) right away. I went from losing 3 lbs to losing 10 in 1 week. I know I did not lose 7 lbs in one week and my scale works. It just took time for my body to register.
  • adera1059
    Options
    Thank you for the tips and encouragement, :smile:
  • adera1059
    Options
    I understand that, its just hit me this year that I am getting older. I mean, when i was 22 or 24 I never had a problem of loosing weight, I didnt even had to try..And now its been a year and it just doesnt come off :( But I probably just need to change the way I loose weight because my metabolism changing as well when I get older
  • arosmith79
    arosmith79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You can do it :) And you have come to the right place for all the support and tools you will need to hit your goal
  • normusnonaliam
    normusnonaliam Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You can do it!

I'm sort of in the same boat. I don't have that much to lose but it seems to make it that much harder. Here's to losing 15 lbs!
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and have lost 46 lbs since April. Mostly in the first 4 months. Your goal is certainly doable and this site will certainly help.

Recommend you measure things as much as possible and get calories form boxes as much as possilble (unless it is in the data base already). Underestimating the calories you consume is something that could derail you. Measuring at the beginning gets you used to how big a 1/2 cup of something is.

Don't starve yourself. You might make it to the 16 lbs goal, but you will gain it right back if you don't permanently change the way you eat/exercise. When you log exercise, it will give you extra calories to eat. Eat them, or most of them. This will keep you full and motivated. There is still a built in calrorie deficit, so even if you eat the calories you will lose.

You have picked a particularly hard time frame (my opinion) with holidays coming, parties, and colder weather (harder to exercise outside). You can do it. I have faith in you! Good luck.
  • adera1059
    Options
    Thank you to all of you guys,
    now i don't have doubt that i came to the right place. Now I am really motivated. And yes I agree I picked a hard time to loose weight bc of the holidays, but I do not want to delay it anymore, it has to be NOW. No more Tomorrows !
  • MKB83
    MKB83 Posts: 31
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you adera... the other day I was saying how much simpler it was at 23 to make the scale move a few pounds here or there... whereas at 28 (as of last week) it's a huge battle. But logging the meals and consistent exercise and it'll be good! Just gotta stick to it!

Holidays are tough, my goal is to get back to my weight last year by the time I go home for xmas!
  • littlejodie85
    littlejodie85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just joined and I told would love too be 14lbs lighter by new year! Need to feel more confident about myself! I've joined my fitness pal to help me track my diet and excecise, will be tough but gotta do it! No more putting off
  • adera1059
    Options
    I know we can do it. And by New years we gona be the weight we wana be !!!! well on that note I am going for a run :)
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you adera... the other day I was saying how much simpler it was at 23 to make the scale move a few pounds here or there... whereas at 28 (as of last week) it's a huge battle. But logging the meals and consistent exercise and it'll be good! Just gotta stick to it!

Holidays are tough, my goal is to get back to my weight last year by the time I go home for xmas!

Keep going girls.... don't give up and do it NOW!

I can assure you it is MUCH harder at 51!!
    :grumble:
  • adera1059
    Options
    Good morning everybody,
    I wanted to ask you about weighting myself. What would you suggest - to weight every day, every three days or once a week???