Low Calorie Deserts

Options
Hey guys,
I am on a 1200 calorie diet and I usually end up with 100 to 200 calories to play with at the end of the day. Does anyone have any easy to make (preferably single serving) deserts that would fit into the 100 to 200 calorie range?

Replies

• boomer0688
    boomer0688 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I am on a 1200 calorie diet and I usually end up with 100 to 200 calories to play with at the end of the day. Does anyone have any easy to make (preferably single serving) deserts that would fit into the 100 to 200 calorie range?
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    go to Linda's Low carb
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

Blaine's low carb kitchen
    http://fittv.discovery.com/fansites/blaine/recipes/recipes.html

also you can use no sugar added jell-o and pudding recipes.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Here's my favorite make at home dessert of all time... Fried Ice Cream!

Ingredients (per serving):
    1/2 cup Eddy's Slow Churned French Vanilla Ice cream
    1/4 cup Frosted Flakes, smashed
    1 Tbsp caramel (or chocolate sauce)
    Reddi-Whip
    1 marachino cherry

Directions
    Scoop the ice cream into a 1/2 cup measuring cup (this makes it easy for portion sizes, as well as making a nice ball for step 2).

Pour the Frosted Flakes onto a salad plate, scoop the ice cream from the measuring cup and roll it around in the flakes until throughly coated (I sometimes use a spoon to push the flakes into the ice cream)

Put the coated ice cream in a bowl, top with caramel, whipped cream and cherry.

It's about 200 calories per serving. Enjoy!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I like cookies :laugh:

2 oreos are only 120 cals
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    If you have something for around 100 with a cup of milk, there's your 200! For smaller sizes, I put Peppermint Patties in the freezer. After a few hours or a few days, they're a great teeny treat. One of them is only 43ish calories!

If I really want a treat, i get two or three cupcakes, divide them up, and I have a small piece of each to last two or more days.

You can have anything, really - it's just the size that varies.
  • elliott062907
    Options
    I like cookies :laugh:

2 oreos are only 120 cals

Can anyone really eat two oreo's??
  • elliott062907
    Options
    If you have something for around 100 with a cup of milk, there's your 200! For smaller sizes, I put Peppermint Patties in the freezer. After a few hours or a few days, they're a great teeny treat. One of them is only 43ish calories!

If I really want a treat, i get two or three cupcakes, divide them up, and I have a small piece of each to last two or more days.

You can have anything, really - it's just the size that varies.

That's cool, I have found a lot of sugar free candies/chocolates as well in the candy isle!!!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    My BF just brought home a package of Newman's Own Organic Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cups. They are like Andes mints, but bigger and round! :love: It's 180 cals for 3, but I'm good just eating one slowly and savoring it. The ingredient list is quite short.
  • keishigomu
    Options
    I don't usually post, but I just came up with a great dessert yesterday, so, I felt like sharing. You just put 1/4 cup of Breyers' All Natural Vanilla ice cream (which is half the serving size) with whatever amount you choose of orange pop (I used Diet Sunkist) and you have a Creamsicle float! It was only 7g of carbs, 4g of fat and 65 calories! It was still pretty bad in that I try to not have anything fake, which the pop is riddled with, and pop is really bad for you for other reasons, but it's a low cal, fairly low fat but decadent dessert!
  • shuttletat
    Options
    I like to make frozen bananas. Take a medium banana and cut it in half. Stick a popcicle stick in each half on the cut side. Spread about 1 Tbls of peanut butter on the outside of the banana. Roll the whole thing in chopped nuts or sesame seeds or your favorite low cal granola. Lay them on a cookie sheet and freeze them. Yummmmm!!!! I think they come out to approximately 190 calories for each. It tastes rich and yummy and it's a very healthful dessert!
  • colliertoys
    Options
    Ok, so you don't make these BUT I love the Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches. Plus there are lots and lots of great low cal deserts in the freezer at the store.
  • freelyme
    freelyme Posts: 6
    Options
    Believe it or not the single server Jello puddings/jellos sugar free fit right in there - the sugar free creamy carmel is only 60 calories and 0 sugar. Hope this helps a bit
  • sji03
    sji03 Posts: 4
    Options
    Here's a great one from ChangeOnediet.com from Reader's Digest:

Bananas Foster

Easy is the word for this fancy dessert. Just three ingredients and a microwave turn an ordinary banana into a quick and yummy snack.

TOTAL TIME: 3 minutes
    NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 1

INGREDIENTS:
    1 small banana (about 6 inches long)
    1/2 teaspoon packed brown sugar
    1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter, melted

DIRECTIONS:
    Slice banana into 1-inch pieces and place in a microwaveproof bowl. Sprinkle with brown sugar and drizzle with butter. Cover and microwave on High until bubbly, about 1 minute.

Nutrition Per Serving:
    Per serving: Calories 120, fat 2.5 g, saturated fat 1.5 g, cholesterol 5 mg, sodium 2 mg, carbohydrate 26 g, fiber 2 g, protein 1 g.

We cooked this up in the office as an after lunch snack. We replaced the brown sugar with Splenda Brown Sugar Blend and served with frozen vanilla yogurt (added 90 calories but it was worth it :happy: ). Everyone loved it!!

135746.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • PamKay
    PamKay Posts: 19
    Options
    Weight Watchers Giant Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream Bar's are really good. 110 calories 25 carbs
    1 fat 4 protein.
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I love the weight watchers smart ones, the meals too, but the desserts are great, most of them are about 170 calories or so, and they are yummy! there is a strawberry shortcake, keylime pie, mint cookie icecream, and peanut butter cup sundae, there are others too, but those are my faves!
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    I find 100 calorie packs really good for deserts... most of them are chocolate or cookie type things... and they taste good.

hope this helps :)
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    personally I would use the 60 calorie butterscotch pudding and make a parfait with layers of frozen cool whip. Or I always enjoy coring an apple, filling it with oatmeal, cinnamon, splenda and sometimes frozen berries in the middle. Add a bit of water and microwave for 3-4 minutes and you have a crumbly, steaming apple dessert that melts in your mouth. I put skim milk or unsweetened almond breeze over it, although you could indulge in low cal ice cream if you have it! yum, I love sweets lol :bigsmile:
  • edleim
    edleim Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I eat the single serving Fage yogurt's with honey and granola or toasted almonds. It is really high in protein, all natural and delicious.
  • cjm0014
    cjm0014 Posts: 118
    Options
    personally I would use the 60 calorie butterscotch pudding and make a parfait with layers of frozen cool whip. Or I always enjoy coring an apple, filling it with oatmeal, cinnamon, splenda and sometimes frozen berries in the middle. Add a bit of water and microwave for 3-4 minutes and you have a crumbly, steaming apple dessert that melts in your mouth. I put skim milk or unsweetened almond breeze over it, although you could indulge in low cal ice cream if you have it! yum, I love sweets lol :bigsmile:

oh my. this sounds delicious :)
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    jello sugar free pudding snacks...double chocolate, 60 calories and prepackaged-YUMMMM :love: