Step to calorie question

Options
Hey all, I need some help. I worked a NHL game tonight and walked 6500 steps over the course of 2.5 hrs...how would I convert to calories burned?

Replies

• SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I would maybe enter walking 2.5 hours (150 minutes) at 2.0 miph or even a bit higher of a pace if you were really walking back and forth fast.
  • kelceystevens73
    kelceystevens73 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    do you know how many steps is in a mile? if you do, you can do miles per hour and log it that way :) like if 6500 steps is 2 miles (i dont know how much it is so i could be way off) but you would just divide 2 miles by 2.5 hours and get your mph then log it under "walking xx.xx mph" for 2.5 hours... that what i would do
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    i looked it up... 2000 steps is a mile... you walked about 3.5 miles in 2.5 hours so thats 1.4 mph for 2.5 hours... i would just round to 2.0 mph and only log 2 hours of it to make up the difference :)
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Yep! when you enter the walking @ 2.0 mph it will give you your cals burned. easy as pie.
  • plagirl227
    Options
    Here's a calculator. You can have it for future reference...
    http://walking.about.com/library/cal/uccalc3.htm
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    6500 steps = ~ 3.5 miles
    3.5 miles / 2.5 hrs = ~ 1.4 mph
    You could put walking at a pace of 1.4 mph for 2.5 hrs
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: I love math people!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • kelceystevens73
    kelceystevens73 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!! You guys/girls are awesome. Best fitness day in a long time :-)