1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup Hershey's sugar free chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Mix Nevella, oil, and eggs in small bowl. Add pumpkin and water, mix well.
In separate bowl, mix together the baking flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.
Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture, and then stir in chocolate chips.

Calories (per muffin): 154
Carbs: 19
Fat: 9
Protein: 3
Sodium: 139
Fiber: 3
Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.

They are sooooo good. Enjoy!

Replies

• deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Looks and sounds yummy...want to try this...:smile:

• cathdrew2
    cathdrew2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I consider myself a cook, but what is Nevella and where do you find sugar-free chocolate chips? Are you at altitude? Have you tried this recipe with egg whites or fruit puree instead of the eggs and oil - how were they? Thanks for sharing. Love pumpkin in everything this time of year.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh man definitely going to make these!! Thanks :)
  • wanderlust3
    Options
    Looks and sounds delicious!
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i have never seen sugar free chocolate chips! where did u find them?
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I consider myself a cook, but what is Nevella and where do you find sugar-free chocolate chips? Are you at altitude? Have you tried this recipe with egg whites or fruit puree instead of the eggs and oil - how were they? Thanks for sharing. Love pumpkin in everything this time of year.

I was going to ask if it would work replacing the oil and eggs with applesauce.... hmmm
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options

Nevella is a sugar substitute just like Splenda. Measures just the same as sugar, and has probiotics in it! :smile:
    I have not tried egg whites nor applesauce/puree. I don't mind the calories nor fat that eggs or oil gives me in the small amount that this recipe uses. And yes, I am at altitude. As for the sugar free chocolate chips, I was lucky and happened upon them in Wegman's here in NOVA. Sometimes Wal-Mart carries them as well. Kinda pricey, but worth the investment.

Good luck!
  • sarab99
    sarab99 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bump, looks delicious. Making these tomorrow.