I feel weird today

Options
I just started MFP three weeks ago and have already lose 10 pounds. I have struggle with my weight since I can remember, but this time I am 100% I will achieve my goal . I am 5'6 and my current weight is 195( I was 205) 3weeks ago. I do eat 1200 kcal per day, work out 5-6 times a week. I just feel bad today because I ate a lunch that is high in carbs, and I am so so so so scare of going back instead of foward. I dont wanna do this to myself anymore. Please be nice, I really need some support!

Replies

• CronoCX
    CronoCX Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You will be fine. Just because it was high in carbs doesn't mean you'll be going backwards! Just stay within your calories limits and you will be fine! Take a look at my diary if you like I don't mind! I started in february!
  • Justkf
    Justkf Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself, sometimes a big carb day is not as bad as you think. Make up for it tomorrow and you will feel better about yourself. Nice job on the 10 pounds! Woo hoo!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    One day won't ruin all of your effort. Drink a lot of water. You'll be fine. :)
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind all the good things you have done to get where you are. Tomorrow - just plan ahead regarding what you are going to eat, and you'll be back on track before you know it.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 10 pounds lost - you've got some great momentum going.

One high-carb lunch can't derail you unless you let it. If you were still under or at your calorie goal, consider it a success, not a failure. If you were over, well, tomorrow is a new day and a clean slate. You've got this!
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Oh, do not worry about one meal. We ALL did that, whoever said they stuck to the diet is lying!!!! Anyway, a splurge once in a blue moon is not a big deal. Don't worry, just continue the healthy eating (i won't say diet) and exercise and you will be just fine. I did not forbid myself anything, I just reduced the amount of food, had a burger once in a while and little by little my body adjusted to eating less and my cravings have changed. Last night I was craving cauliflower (where 3 months ago I would have craved chips+dip). And yes, I did have barbecue days when I ad like 2000 calories....I just exercised a little more the following days and paid more attention to my intake. Please do not worry, negative thought do worse than the actual overindulgence.

EDIT: ...and if I do go over my calorie goals one day, I log the excess in the next day's diary...so the next day I eat less :)
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    You need to take baby steps! The initial 10 pounds is great! Remember tomorrow is a new day and it is ok to reward yourself with small indulgences occasionally. If it makes you feel better add a little bit more exercise to work off your lunch. The greatest part of this site is that it is averaged over time. You can pull up your reports for an average or to check your progress. 1 meal will not ruin your diet, in fact it may help you stay on your diet. You are doing fantastic!
  • indnile321
    indnile321 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It was just one day! One and tomorrow is another one. Get right back on track and try to figure out a way to have the lunch you like scaled back, more healthy--so you are still satisified and successful next time. It's not always easy and nobody is perfect. But, we all need to find a happy medium--it's not all or nothing--you didn't fail. It's a lifestyle change and it takes time and it takes practice. If you give up and go back to old habits you will fail. Keep your chin up, it was just one lunch...........
  • kelceystevens73
    kelceystevens73 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You said it yourself you are 100% dedicated. One set-back does not define you or your dedication.....keep looking forward towards your goal. There will be some "bad" days but as long as the good ones outweigh the bad your still moving ahead toward your goal.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Congrats on what you have done so far.

Here is my blog ... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/gazz777

Hopefully something nice in there :)

Feel free to send a friend request with a note if you wish.

Gary
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    one meal is not going to undo all of your hard work!! Like everyone has said, just get back on track tomorrow ` you will be fine!

:flowerforyou: Congrats on the 10 lb loss ~ you are doing great!!!
  • pixardad
    pixardad Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    That fact your scared, is why you won't go back. If you blew it off and were willing to do it again and again...then I'd be worried. Tomorrow is a new opportunity...take it!

--PixarDad
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Carbs do not make you fat and if you were in a deficit but over on carbs, you will still be fine. I wouldn't do this on a frequent basis, but it's absolutely nothing to worry about.