new member looking for an online support system

Options
my boyfriend isn't very supportive of my new decision to slim down a bit. he thinks i'm beautiful as is and doesn't want me to change. at 250 lbs i don't feel beautiful and i want to do this for myself. i'm hoping some of you would like to be my new support system and give advice from time to time. if so send me a friend request. :3

Replies

• fngrnayls
    Options
    Hi! I'm fairly new too, so idk, welcome I guess. :) and i'd be glad to be a supporter, especially seeing as how i need some support too! haha
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Ditto Ditto! Welcome to MFP! I've been here for a few months, but not active at all and its a lot easier when you have the support and encouragement. Way to go for coming on - Its an awesome tool. If you need more friends, I'm here!
  • jojonesnz
    jojonesnz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    welcome:)
    its always hard when the people around you dont have the same goals;) this site is awesome for both support and motivation!

good luck

xx
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I love the support system here!
  • paper_doll_
    Options
    1. I think we all need friends and support so count me in!!

2. I think your boyfriend needs to grow up and support you in your desire to be healthier, He needs to realise it's not about if he thinks you look beautiful or not.. it is about how you feel, emotionally, physically, your self confidence and most importantly your long term health.
  • Labscientist
    Labscientist Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just joined today and it would be great to support one another.
  • KSHorne
    KSHorne Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I've been on here for some time and I love it! Feel free to add me. That goes for any and everbody!
  • Megan5683
    Megan5683 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Friends request sent (:
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    From Warren, eh? Is his name Patrick, by chance? hahahaha that'd be creepy if it really was...
  • nic1976
    nic1976 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've only just started using this site again & it is great for support & motivation. It's really hard to stick with it when you don't have the support of your loved ones. Way to go for being here! Feel free to add me if you like :smile: