why i go up and down?

Options
I always exercise and eat lower my calories, but one day I weight 203 and the other 205 and the other 206 and go back to 204...seem I never lower that out which is getting frustated for me and I dont want to quit, because overall I feel great with what I'm eating...please help me what Im doing wrong..?

Replies

• Ayla20103005
    Ayla20103005 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating a day? Can I add you and see your diary? You need to make sure you are also eating enough. Also weighing daily is not good as your weight fluctuates anyway. Weighing weekly will show you true results :)
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! Same thing happening with me. Very frustrating!
  • laurensohn22
    laurensohn22 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i have this same problem!!! im interested to see what people say
  • 500daysofshelby
    Options
    You need to be eating a calorie amount that is very close to your goal otherwise your body will go into starvation mode and cause you to actually gain weight. You also want to eat back almost all of the calories you work off during exercise. I also don't suggest weighing yourself every day because your weight will fluctuate because of water weight etc, etc. Plus you don't want to become stressed over a number. Try weighing yourself once a week.

And if eating close to your current calorie goal doesn't help, maybe you need to up your daily calorie goal by 100 or so.
  • myguiltypleasure
    Options
    This sort of weight fluctuation is totally normal. I have this problem in a big way...I can fluctuate by up to 2kgs easily!

All I can say is keep doing what you're doing but try not to weight yourself so often. Try to only weigh maybe once a week, and always weigh in the morning at the same time because fluctuation can occur in one day.

Try not to be frustrated! Everyone loses at different rates and in different ways. If you're doing new exercises it's also likely that you will be putting on muscle which may mean that you're losing inches but not pounds.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    You should get used to it. I weighed in 2lbs heavier this morning than I did the night before, and when I weighed in tonight AFTER dinner and a 32oz jar of water, I was down 3lbs from this morning.

Apparently our bodies have a sense of humor. Just be content in the knowledge that over time those fluctuations will get lower and lower, which will be awesome :)

I'm just glad this wasn't a post from someone stuck in an elevator.
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You can't weigh everyday when you are losing, pick one day a week and weigh then. Only weigh everyday when you are maintaining. Your weight flucuates daily with water weight, etc...Drink your water and watch your soduim. Are you eating enough? Request me as friend so I can see your diary.
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You can't weigh everyday when you are losing, pick one day a week and weigh then. Only weigh everyday when you are maintaining. Your weight flucuates daily with water weight, etc...Drink your water and watch your soduim. Are you eating enough? Request me as friend so I can see your diary.
  • Erneliz
    Erneliz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    it varies but my calories are under 1220 a day...
  • lisapickering
    Options
    I have this problem the most when my sodium is high... do you track your sodium? I think this is the most important thing to track (in my opinion) When I am over in sodium I weigh more the next morning! Also not drinking enough water causes my weight to fluctuate.

I agree with a previous poster that weighing yourself everyday isn't a good idea. At the beginning I only weighed on Wednesdays and usually saw a loss. Now I'm sort of addicted to the scale and do it everyday but I can handle it mentally now as I have lost most of my weight.
  • Erneliz
    Options
    500daysofshelby : ok good advice thanks
  • Erneliz
    Options
    Genem30: well you are doing good..add me!!
  • Erneliz
    Options
    harleygirlt: send me the add, because i reach my limit for today...thanks
  • girard5
    girard5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    More than likely you aren't gaining 2-4 lbs a day unless you are eating an excess of thousands of calories. I'm a weigh myself daily kinda gal as well but I do it more to see if I consumed too much of something the day before...I.e if I consume too much sodium the day before, didn't drink enough water or had a few too many drinks I always weigh in a couple lbs heavier than the day before. I definitely agree with everyone about counting your weight once a week but I think it is also good to pay attention to how your body is reacting on a day to day basis which is why I like to weigh myself daily - this really alerts me to the fact that something I either did or didn't do the day before either worked or didn't.
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    You should get used to it. I weighed in 2lbs heavier this morning than I did the night before, and when I weighed in tonight AFTER dinner and a 32oz jar of water, I was down 3lbs from this morning.

Apparently our bodies have a sense of humor. Just be content in the knowledge that over time those fluctuations will get lower and lower, which will be awesome :)

I'm just glad this wasn't a post from someone stuck in an elevator.
    :laugh:
  • Erneliz
    Options
    More than likely you aren't gaining 2-4 lbs a day unless you are eating an excess of thousands of calories. I'm a weigh myself daily kinda gal as well but I do it more to see if I consumed too much of something the day before...I.e if I consume too much sodium the day before, didn't drink enough water or had a few too many drinks I always weigh in a couple lbs heavier than the day before. I definitely agree with everyone about counting your weight once a week but I think it is also good to pay attention to how your body is reacting on a day to day basis which is why I like to weigh myself daily - this really alerts me to the fact that something I either did or didn't do the day before either worked or didn't.

i am going to the gym monday thru friday, zumba 4 times a week...my excersise routing is with a private instructor which seems to tell me that i am looking good in musle shape and also told me to throw away my scale, but my thing is that i used to do diet and see how i lose weight and now im stuck...it gets me anxious, can you tell me what else can i do...thanks