how to get the calories up there?

Options
I am finding it hard to eat the 1300 cals I get given plus my exercise calories.
(Yes I do eat them, my weight loss came to a complete stop until I started eating them and been losing since then.)
The only problem is I am finding it hard to find healthy foods to use to eat these 2000 or so calories per day (I work out a lot).

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Jesung
    Jesung Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    lots of milk

I just eat junk food because I need to eat almost twice as much as you do :)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Nuts, Nut Butters, Avocados are all good sources of fat and are all calorie dense.

2TBSP of PB = 200 calories for most brands.
    Ice Cream is very calorie dense, and delicious.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    High protein stuff like nuts, cottage cheese, Clif Builders bars, Greek yogurt, eggs, whole milk.
  • oopsiedaezie
    Options
    Ahahaha! I am having the same problem. I have been filling up on almonds, apples with peanut butter .. and today I tried a protein bar, Pure Protein. I think protein is supposed to help you stay full right? Yikes! I am new to all of this nutrition stuff so I could be wrong but my trainer friend recommended that for extra calories. I think it's about 200 per bar.
  • persistenttiger
    persistenttiger Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Get some healthy fats into your diet!
  • TheTonyPony
    Options
    If you're feeling that you cannot eat your calories now, maybe it's time to reduce your daily limit? Just a sugestion!
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    I'm going to 3rd or 4th almonds here. They're tasty and good for you! I also tend to cook with coconut oil when I need a calorie boost.
  • tickletickle
    Options
    sunflower seeds as snacks. adding a teaspoon of olive oil into diet. bigger portions ofwhat u already eat
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    If you're feeling that you cannot eat your calories now, maybe it's time to reduce your daily limit? Just a sugestion!

I don't lose weight at all when I don't eat enough, weird but true!
  • calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I can eat some of them for you. :)
  • calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    A few people have said protein. This is a much better place to get them from than sugar/junk food. Here are some ideas that might not be as filling:

I've been on a big egg kick lately-- they're only 70 calories but they're so versatile. I've been scrambling them and putting them in wraps, making omelettes, eating them plain. They're not especially filling by themselves so maybe you could try adding them in.

Chocolate milk-- esp as a recovery drink after you exercise-- has quite a bit of sugar but is a great mix of protein/carbs and isn't overly filling (I don't think).

Whey protein shakes. I don't drink them unless I'm running mroe than 10 miles simply because I don't want to use up that many calories on something I can't chew.

Also-- how often do you eat? If you're trying to take in a whole bunch of calories at once, that might be why you feel like you can't eat enough. Maybe try splitting it up more throughout the day and planning how many calories you want to reach at each mini-meal.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Calorie dense foods, like nuts, nut butters, adding some olive oil to salads. You could even eat a bit of dairy- cheese, or have some icecream if it fits into your macros.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    cheesecake.