Zumbaaaa!

Hey ladies (and gents)! I am in LOVE with Zumba, and am thinking about investing in some at home DVDs. Has anyone tried any DVDs out at home? I need some good suggestions.. I want high intesnsity. I go to class about three to four times a week, but it's getting a little pricey so I want to cut back to maybe 2 live classes and continue at home.

I need to know the name of the DVDs, what your results were, and if you would recommend them!

ps- Anyone know where to get cheap zumba pants other than amazon or eBay?

thankssss! :D

Replies

• You know, I've tried some Zumba classes from DVD that I've found online... honestly, they don't compare to the class at all. I miss the energy of the classes! It's just nowhere near as high energy, and the one's I've tried have been so cheesy I've literally stopped in the middle and gone on a run instead.

Hope this helps!
  • I do the DVDs at home because I am too uncoordinated to do them in front of other people :P

I find that it still gives me a great work out and I really enjoy them :)
  • Zumba Exhilarate looks pretty awesome. I do have to agree with the energy of the class. There was an older lady dancing next to me this morning that was just PUMPING me up because she was getting down....and singing all the lyrics to all the songs she knew. It was a blast!
  • TamLind83
    TamLind83 Posts: 66 Member
    Well, I know it's not a DVD, and it totally depends on if you have a computer at home and in an area with enough free space around it, but you could make a playlist of different Zumba routines on YouTube and do Zumba for free that way. I really love the ones by tiffanyloveszumba.

The one downside is that once in a while it can be hard to tell what the instructor in the video is doing, but at that point I just dance and move around, to keep my heart rate up, until I can jump back into it. I feel like I have seen results that are pretty close to when I go to the classes at the gym, but I would have to agree with tarynb1 that the energy just isn't the same. But nothing beats free for me, so this is my gig when the class at the gym is full.
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    I've got the set sold on informercials here in NZ & when I needed a bit of variety I tracked down the Zumba Exhilarate dvds online. Money well spent, I looooooove Zumba!

I like to get up at 5.30 in the morning & do it so classes don't really suit.
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    I bought the DVDs so I could try it out at home - I have no rhythm and am too uncoordinated so I was pretty embarassed about going to a class. Plus I live in Wyoming where there aren't big cities for that type of thing) Anyways, I haven't used them that much... maybe I should try, but its so defeating to me when I cant keep up. I have considered selling them or getting rid of them another way just because I dont use them, but maybe I should try it again.
  • jussy83
    jussy83 Posts: 26
    Hi, I have the Zumba dvd's at home and they are great, does anyone know how many calories you burn per minute of Zumba???
  • tonid76
    tonid76 Posts: 51
    check craigslist for you dont mind a used copy.
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    I go to zumbacalories.com to work it out for here.
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    If you google the zumba calculator, it gives you the average calories burned and so does MFP when you input it. I normally burn around 600 calories for a little over an hour of zumba. It all depends on your heart rate and the intensity of the class.
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    I use the XBOX 360 Kinect Zumba game. It is so much fun. I have only used it a few times, but I can do it at home and it really gets my heart rate up. There are different levels (I'm on beginner since its my first exposure to Zumba), but my heart rate is up!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member

ps- Anyone know where to get cheap zumba pants other than amazon or eBay?

thankssss! :D

wait...........they have Zumba pants? ( > . >)

nah I don't need to draw more attention to myself. it' s bad enough being 1 of 3 guys in a class of about 30 females.